Contributor

I cracked up when Susan said you could wear the velvet bolreo with a woven ruffle high neck top and a broach at the neck. She was kidding, right?

Respected Contributor

I have been a fan of many of SG 's placement prints, some have been lovely and complimentary to figures. I have not purchased any because I just will not pay 
$50.+ for a top usually. I do keep an eye on the clearance 'rack'. 

I thought most of the prints today were rather 'dizzying' for my tastes. Of course there are those who wear them well--we are all different. I liked the black and white one.

I would hesitate to purchase her rouched turtlenecks anytime . I found one at a used store (very low $) that looked brand new . I tried it on when I got home and the fit was very comfortable except for the neck . I know why the turtle that owned it originally died --suffocation. I could barely get it off. I threw it away.

Esteemed Contributor

I have quite a bit of SG items...and love them...almost all solids...i don't care for Susan's prints................too loud, too colorful, large florals, too much.

Honored Contributor

I think the black swirl and red paisely would be nice with solid black on the bottom. I don't need any more long turtlenecks so I didn't order. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@skuggles wrote:

@MarkeieMark I just checked those etro tops out. They are very nice. Many made of cotton or silk. The most obvious thing I noticed about them is the expert attention paid to the placement of the printed pieces. That placement really is the telltale sign of a better quality, not just he silk or cotton use.They truly are gorgeous. Sometimes Susan really gets this right with her prints, but more often than not, they look as if thrown together by amateurs, even when the prints are not so loud, and even when the overall design in terms of cut can be very well done, if only on a portion of the shipment, since fit and sizing can be all over the place it seems at times. The Etro embellished suede jacket is so pretty!!!

I agree that her line for the most part is getting better every year.

@skuggles, I guess my eyes aren't working well this morning because I'm not really seeing the similarity between those Etro tops and the SG tops.  Outside of the fact that they are prints, I'm not getting where they look alike, certainly not nearly identical?????

Hi @Lipstickdiva Smiley Happy I didn't say that they were nearly indentical, nor that they look alike, just commented on how I feel a print should be done well, and how I feel when it isn't? So I'm a little confused myself about your reply to me. 

Honored Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@skuggles wrote:

@MarkeieMark I just checked those etro tops out. They are very nice. Many made of cotton or silk. The most obvious thing I noticed about them is the expert attention paid to the placement of the printed pieces. That placement really is the telltale sign of a better quality, not just he silk or cotton use.They truly are gorgeous. Sometimes Susan really gets this right with her prints, but more often than not, they look as if thrown together by amateurs, even when the prints are not so loud, and even when the overall design in terms of cut can be very well done, if only on a portion of the shipment, since fit and sizing can be all over the place it seems at times. The Etro embellished suede jacket is so pretty!!!

I agree that her line for the most part is getting better every year.

@skuggles, I guess my eyes aren't working well this morning because I'm not really seeing the similarity between those Etro tops and the SG tops.  Outside of the fact that they are prints, I'm not getting where they look alike, certainly not nearly identical?????

Hi @Lipstickdiva Smiley Happy I didn't say that they were nearly indentical, nor that they look alike, just commented on how I feel a print should be done well, and how I feel when it isn't? So I'm a little confused myself about your reply to me. 

@skuggles, you weren't the one that indicated the prints were the same, another poster did and you responded to her about the Etro tops and prints.  I may have mistakenly taken your response to her as an agreement that the Etro tops and the SG tops looked similar.  I guess I was mistaken.  LOL

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva Yeah ... I just thought they were very well executed prints. 

Honored Contributor

Like I said before, I think two of those prints are lovely when worn (as opposed on the hanger) — the black & red paisley, and black & white swirl. Sharon looks fabulous in that black & red paisley print turtleneck!  Simple black pants and minimal jewelry so nothing fights with that print.  A great outfit!

Valued Contributor

Wow, guess I'm the only one who was stunned at these prints. Utterly horrid. I wouldn't pay 5 bucks for them. I'm shocked she presented these prints.

Trusted Contributor

I own several items of Susan Graver's, including a couple of the gored skirts with the flounce at the bottom, some pants and a few tops that I really love.  As far as many of her prints go, they are just too busy and too large-scale for me. 

The prints in the TSV are all too busy...what is that saying, you should wear the clothes, the clothes shouldn't wear you?  Even when I saw Jane Treacy on at midnight in that larger-than-life print, I thought it overwhelmed her, especially since she is so petite.

And, I'm at the stage in life when I'm hot more than I'm not...I don't wear turtlenecks of any kind. 

This TSV is an easy pass for me...but I do love Susan's line...as long as I stay with the solid colors!