Respected Contributor

Re: A259102 Oversized Sweater On Backorder

I received mine today with no problem. Since it was listed as "over sized" and the measurements seemed really large for a M I was unsure what size to order. Louis said to stick to your regular size but I was very reluctant so I ordered both the nuteg and black in a S and a M. Good thing I did! The M looked like a shapeless, sloppy tent while the S was perfect. I asked my DH for his opinion as I thought it was supposed to look really loose but he said the M looked way too big for me and loved the way to S looked. I just ordered the Petrol Blue in a S and cannot wait to get it. It is a beautiful top and looks terrific with the whisper knit scarfs he sold previously in the same colors.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/3/2015 loveour4leggedfriends said:

I received mine today with no problem. Since it was listed as "over sized" and the measurements seemed really large for a M I was unsure what size to order. Louis said to stick to your regular size but I was very reluctant so I ordered both the nuteg and black in a S and a M. Good thing I did! The M looked like a shapeless, sloppy tent while the S was perfect. I asked my DH for his opinion as I thought it was supposed to look really loose but he said the M looked way too big for me and loved the way to S looked. I just ordered the Petrol Blue in a S and cannot wait to get it. It is a beautiful top and looks terrific with the whisper knit scarfs he sold previously in the same colors.

Well, now I'm back to ordering down a size. Oh my. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Sweet dreams!
Valued Contributor

HA! So my Linea Leisure peony pink hoodie and Linea leisure perfectly pink button front jacket did NOT arrive yesterday. UPS must be pretty backlogged due to the storms up here in New England.

But sadly, when it arrived today - it was not to be. The peony pink hoodie in my plus size was tight on me - arms and torso. And sadly, instead of the perfectly pink button front cardigan which I purchased - there was a peony pink tank. My size has been gone for a while in the perfectly pink color. Customer service will refund all shipping.

Won't be trying the Linea Leisure again. [Edited to add that I realize this will be only one fabric of many in this family so we'll see what else comes in this grouping.] I guess I expected something a little "beefier" to be worn on those chilly summer nights in the New Hampshire mountains. That was my bad. A Lands End or LLBean hoodie would suit that need better. Wish I could have seen that jacket in perfectly pink. But on the way home from the post office, I wondered if it was such a good idea to name two things in the same fabric family "PP"......Peony Pink and Perfectly Pink?

One down, one to go. Watching with anticipation the slow progress of my oversized sweaters on their way from PA to NH. Then we'll see if I guessed wrong on the sizing when I went for my "usual" size as everyone - Louis included - said to do... Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Day 6 and my sweaters have just shipped. I'm anxious to try them on, but looks like it will be next week before I see them.

Respected Contributor

The shipping of this sweater is on a slow boat from China...mine "shipped" days ago, but are still in transit to a UPS facility{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Frequent Contributor

I went with my regular xl in this sweater, and received it today. I know it's an easy fit, but it was much bigger than I'm comfortable with. I felt overwhelmed and sloppy. So, returning for the large. It felt like I had an awful lot of room to play with, so I hope the large still fits comfortably. Guess we'll see!

Super Contributor

I'm usually a M in most Linea tops but the ladies on this forum had suggested a few months ago to go down a size when I ordered my first pieces, a long skirt and sweater in Whisper Knits. I did and went with a S and they were perfect so I ordered a S in this sweater as well. Again, the fit was perfect and I'm a true M.
Super Contributor

On 2/3/2015 2zbeach said: I got my sweater....regular size...too big. Now the smaller sizes are on waitlist. Just my experience. Darn!

Has anyone else found them too big? Wondering if I should order a size smaller.