Trusted Contributor

Re: A259102 Oversized Sweater On Backorder

This usually happens when they oversell a product. VERY maddening!!!!

Honored Contributor

Linea is always the same. You have to hand wash (which means most of you will be machine washing it, then laying it flat out to dry. Do anyone you actually hand wash an enormous sweater?

Honored Contributor

On 2/1/2015 songbird said:

Linea is always the same. You have to hand wash (which means most of you will be machine washing it, then laying it flat out to dry. Do anyone you actually hand wash an enormous sweater?

I don't hand wash anything!!

Respected Contributor

On 2/1/2015 songbird said:

Songbird, I ignore those care instructions & I'm not aloneSmiley Wink I put my Whisper Knits in the washing machine (in a laundry bag) on delicate. Ditto for the dryer & they come out looking beautiful. No shrinkage! Even some of the Linea jackets are machine washable.

Honored Contributor

Handwash? Never!!

Maybe a silk scarf being handwashed; but all my WKs go into the washing machine on regular cold wash (saves energy), cold regular rinse and then I hang to dry. They come out perfect.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason as to whom gets the items in short supply. I think it must be like Russian roulette. I have ordered things the night before, toward the mid show and at the end and it never seemed to matter. I either got it or I didn't. Sometimes I would get it weeks later on, what I assumed, was a returned garment.

Respected Contributor

On 2/2/2015 namealreadytaken said:

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason as to whom gets the items in short supply. I think it must be like Russian roulette. I have ordered things the night before, toward the mid show and at the end and it never seemed to matter. I either got it or I didn't. Sometimes I would get it weeks later on, what I assumed, was a returned garment.

I think that's so true! There's no consistency at all.

Trusted Contributor

According to order status, my petrol blue has shipped.
Respected Contributor

I just checked, and my petrol blue is in process now.

Trusted Contributor

Sometimes they put things on backorder if they can't find the item in the warehouse. Since they don't want to ruin their shipping stats, they send it to backorder and their clock starts ticking again.