Honored Contributor

I keep getting prompts telling me Windows 10 will be installed, and they aren't giving me a choice.   

I googled and found a method to delete those updates, but I'm not sure it actually worked.

I know I have read -- somewhere -- that some people are very sorry they installed this program.

Can I have your thoughts on Windows 10 ?    TIA!

Respected Contributor

Re: YOUR OPINION OF WINDOWS 10?

@Tinkrbl44I haven't updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 because, like you, I'm afraid of it.  My techie friend tells me it's ok... kind of like a mix between Windows 7 and Windows 8.  Well, I want NO part of Windows 8.  I haven't yet found where they "aren't giving me a choice."  I just close the box and I'm ok til the next time it pops up.  I'm wondering if the day will come when I have no choice.  Smiley Frustrated

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

I don't have a problem with it but then again I like technology and I like to play so I found it easy. 

Esteemed Contributor

Don't know if this will help you - I was reading the news this morning and a popup said it would restart my computer at 8:45 - then poof - without my consent it said updating and a circle appeared and slowly (30 mins later) the circle was complete.  Then it asked to change my homepage FOX to MSNBC (what's with that?)...I said NO. And it asked to conform my machine to the updates.  I said NO again.  When I purchased this last year I didn't want the apts squares, so my guy made it look & work like Windows 7 or 8.  Just now I wanted to pay credit card on line and bank didn't recognize me so had to go through a code number I got by telephone to proceed with my login.   It's a pain in the pa-toot.

Esteemed Contributor

Put it on and took it off.  Why?  Destroyed my Internet connection.  None, nada.  What a mess.  I don't want it.  Period.

Honored Contributor

Well, I guess I can always uninstall it if they get sneaky and install it when I'm not looking.    It must be done WITHIN 30 DAYS, so keep that in mind.

Apparently, a lot of people don't want Windows 10 ..... 

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/prevent-windows-10-upgrade-installing-after-making-your-reservati...

Frequent Contributor

I bought an HP back in 2012 that had Windows 8 and I hated it. Wanted so bad to have Windows 7 on it but didn't know how to do it. Then that computer, one of the hnges broke so I bought a Dell and it has Windows 10. Like it much better than 8 but would still rather have 7.

Valued Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I don't have a problem with it but then again I like technology and I like to play so I found it easy. 

Hi @Meowingkitty. Love your nic.

Windows10 jumped on my computer today without an invitation, but I'm liking it so far.  Had  to change a couple things,but, like you, I like to play around on the computer, so I found it pretty easy.

And, as said earlier in this thread, if I don't like it, I can go back to Win8.1, but I don't think that will happen.

Honored Contributor

My hard drive crashed two weeks ago so I asked them to give me win10 

i hated it its very intrusive and you can't control some settings the way u can in 7

each new OS takes away user control

If you have it learn how to turn off the privacy settings which default to on and not in a good way 

I took it back the next day for win7

Contributor

My DH is a techy and says Windows 10 is not bad but do a Google search for "Windows 10 privacy tool"  to look for tools that aid you in ensuring your privacy as otherwise Windows 10 sends so much personal info to Microsoft it's not even funny. For those that upgraded to Windows 10 or had it forced on them do a Google search for "Windows 10 rollback" for instructions on how to rollback to your previous OS but take note - this option is only available for 30 days after the upgrade.