Esteemed Contributor

Re: Saying Goodbye To Tracfone

@chickenbutt

The OP may not have Spectrum cable. 

Honored Contributor

I don't have a cellphone but we have Spectrum so I'm thinking I should look into getting one based on some of your comments.

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@chickenbutt

Hi!  Smiley Happy  Good point, but it's not about cable tv.  They have their own cell phone service now.   I do have them for the other services but the cell service is a whole separate deal.  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@chickenbutt

Hi!  Smiley Happy  Good point, but it's not about cable tv.  They have their own cell phone service now.   I do have them for the other services but the cell service is a whole separate deal.  

@chickenbutt 

Can the same $12 per month,  for Unlimited everything but Data, be purchased on their Cell Network "A la carte"? Or is that your "Package Price"?

I know every time I call my Internet Service Provider, they always try to sell me on their Package Deal. Landline phone/Cell Service/Satellite Network, along with our DSL.

If so, I suspect many reading this might want to go with Spectrum. If so, I will definitely tell my wife to look into this. She now is using Boost and paying about 3 times that amount.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@chickenbutt

@chickenbutt 

I have Xfinity Cable. The company sells mobile service, and to get a $14 GB deal you have to buy another product. 

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your cell service may be cheaper at Spectrum than Tracfone but you cannot get cell service with Spectrum unless you first pay for their home internet/broadband service. No such requirement with Tracfone. Tracfone is a stand alone service, no home internet/broadband required. 

Right from Spectrum's site: SPECTRUM INTERNET REQUIRED, so yes another product purchase is required. See below

Talk and text all you want with no contracts, added taxes or fees. All Spectrum Mobile data plans include nationwide 5G access at no extra fee. Spectrum Internet required.

Pick a Plan. Then Mix & Match.

Choose a plan for each person on your account. You can mix and match plans for the whole family. All Spectrum Mobile plans include nationwide 5G‡ access with no extra fees. Spectrum Internet required.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@angelicat 

I thought $12 a month sounded way too cheap for a stand alone cell service. My wife has Boost Mobile and their cheapest prepaid monthly plan, I think, was about $30 a month, plus tax when she first signed up.

For my virtually no use cell service, Tracfone has worked just fine for me for many years. 10-12??  So long I can't remember. Last smart phone I bought was $59 delivered. To me that is $4.92 per month. 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Hi John!  Sorry I didn't see your question until now.  Thank You to those who provided answers.  TBH, I didn't know the answer but now I also do.  Smiley Happy

I'm glad I went to Spectrum.    I had Sprint for many years, after they acquire Nextel and, after a few adjustments, they provided excellent service.

Then, they were acquired by TMobile and everything went downhill fast.  Then I got that letter in the mail that TM would be killing my phone at the end of the year and I had to replace it.

Well, that was all i needed (totally LAST straw with them!) to move on so I went to a Spectrum store near me and was super pleased not only with the service prices but the phone prices.   Saved a ton over what I was paying and the new phone cost about 1/3 of what I paid for the previous one, so I am happy with the change.  

Meanwhile, TMobile can sukk it.  Smiley Very Happy   I've had cell phones since 1994 and never such hideous service.  I'm a very loyal person.  If an individual or company treats me decently (I do NOT ask for more than I deserve), I'm all in.   If not, I'm gone.  

Hope she finds what is perfect for her.

Cheers!

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@chickenbutt

@Nuttmeg I'm the OP, I don't have Spectrum. I didn't realize Tracfone had $20 monthly plans with unlimited talk and text. I see you get 1gb of data, I'm not a techie but that has to be close to nothing. I definitely need a new phone either way. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@chickenbutt

@Nuttmeg I'm the OP, I don't have Spectrum. I didn't realize Tracfone had $20 monthly plans with unlimited talk and text. I see you get 1gb of data, I'm not a techie but that has to be close to nothing. I definitely need a new phone either way.

@Jordan2 

I did not think you had Spectrum cable. 

I like a 3.0G data plan for $30, which will be $25 with auto-pay.