Respected Contributor

QVC has some great deals on iPad bundles.  Why don't they include a SIM card/SIM card slot so that the IPad can be added to a data plan?  I bought one for my grandson for Christmas - ended up returning it and purchasig from ATT.  Now I see another one that I'd love to buy for myself but same thing - wifi only.  

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

QVC has some great deals on iPad bundles.  Why don't they include a SIM card/SIM card slot so that the IPad can be added to a data plan?  I bought one for my grandson for Christmas - ended up returning it and purchasig from ATT.  Now I see another one that I'd love to buy for myself but same thing - wifi only.  

That is the model they want to sell.  Go to Apple.com and buy a Wifi/cellular model. 

Honored Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

That is the model they want to sell.  Go to Apple.com and buy a Wifi/cellular model. 

and save some money as well.

in selling the data plan version, they would need to offer all the cell providers I would imagine and that would be too complex.

Honored Contributor

If you want to use it on cellular then you need to buy the cellular model. I wouldn't buy electronics from QVC anyway, the apple products they sell are not the newest models. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

If you want to use it on cellular then you need to buy the cellular model. I wouldn't buy electronics from QVC anyway, the apple products they sell are not the newest models. 

yes the iPad air 2 is at least 2-3 years old in the cycle

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Sometimes they are, but not usually. It definitely pays to check so you don't get an older model.

The bundles QVC sells are also usually full of things I don't need or want in most cases. There might be one thing I want but the jacked up price isn't usually worth it. Better to go to Apple and use their finance plan, which is similar to QVC's Easy Pay system and has no additional cost.

Honored Contributor

I have NEVER seen a great price for an iPad bundle on QVC or any other TV retailer.  They are always way overpriced.  Are you calling a tablet by another manufacturer an iPad? Lots of people call any tablet an iPad.

I buy my iPads direct from Apple from their website.  They have financing if you need it. A  few times, I purchased refurbished models for a really great price.  They look brand new and come with the same warranty. Wally's stores have some great prices too on refurbished models.  

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC's IPads

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

I have NEVER seen a great price for an iPad bundle on QVC or any other TV retailer.  They are always way overpriced.  Are you calling a tablet by another manufacturer an iPad? Lots of people call any tablet an iPad.

I buy my iPads direct from Apple from their website.  They have financing if you need it. A  few times, I purchased refurbished models for a really great price.  They look brand new and come with the same warranty. Wally's stores have some great prices too on refurbished models.  

I agree with @Carmie.  QVC sells older Apple products at an inflated price with a lot of accessories most people don't need, want, or will ever use.  I bought the latest iPad Mini 4 at Best Buy last March for $299 (on sale) and got a wonderful Speck case for it for around $30.  With tax, the whole bundle was around $370.

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone!

Didn't know Apple had payment plans.

And no - I'm not calling a non-Apple table an iPad.

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

Thanks everyone!

Didn't know Apple had payment plans.

And no - I'm not calling a non-Apple table an iPad.

Yes, and the details are on their site, so you can read up about it before you make a decision, which is great.

QVC prices on iPads are jacked way up and they say it's because of the bundle, but the items in the bundle never justify the price. You'll be much better off getting a newer iPad with only the accessories you want and using the Apple financing than buying an iPad from QVC.

And if you DO want accessories, shop around online for those before you buy from Apple. The Apple store charges crazy high prices for "official" Apple licensed products, too. You'll do better buying accessories like cases or keyboards at stores like Target or Amazon.

One thing you do NOT want to cheap out on are the cables and charging plugs. Make sure those are Apple certified because the cheap ones can start fires.