Super Contributor

Re: Owning Multiple Tablets - Reasons?

LOL....good answer, nutmeg!

I don't even want to admit to how many Apple devices I own.....would really have to think too hard to remember them all.

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Honored Contributor

My daughter has 4 children. Each one has his own table (even the 2 year old, who can use the thing).

She and her husband own one each. He's a computer genius and knows how to repair them. He buys them broken and fixes them.

I own an IPAD 2, a laptop, an IPHONE 5, an IPOD and an IPAD mini.

Frequent Contributor

MY devices are an iPad mini retina, Samsung Note Pro 12.2, Samsung Note 3 (phone) and a Samsung tab 3. We have another full size iPad, 2 more Tab 3 and an Amazon HD 8.9 that lost a fight against the kids...lol why? Because I'm a techie and it's what I do. I use two for work, and all for play.
Honored Contributor

Owning Multiple Tablets - Reasons?

I don't own a single one of them but my wife does have a Samsung Tab2. My feeling is that a lot of people have luxury's mixed up with things they need. To say it another way "it not what someone needs anymore in life it is what they want".

Some may need these devices for business or pleasure, but kids with multiples?

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I only ""need"" a laptop and a Tracphone........and that's all I own.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

On 7/31/2014 hckynut said:

I don't own a single one of them but my wife does have a Samsung Tab2. My feeling is that a lot of people have luxury's mixed up with things they need. To say it another way "it not what someone needs anymore in life it is what they want".

Before one judges... check out the app store that you love so much... look for learning apps... or perhaps you would like to see their extensive kindle Libraries... and for a family that travels they are a MUST... I don't have to pack 4 extra bags of books and games, or portable DVD equipment. 12+ hour car rides are excrutiating, but not if they're busy. They have their tabs, some crayons and sketchbooks and everyone's happy
Respected Contributor

I own multiple devices but not multiple tablets.

Honored Contributor

On 7/31/2014 gilmoregirl said:
On 7/31/2014 hckynut said:

Before one judges... check out the app store that you love so much... look for learning apps... or perhaps you would like to see their extensive kindle Libraries... and for a family that travels they are a MUST... I don't have to pack 4 extra bags of books and games, or portable DVD equipment. 12+ hour car rides are excrutiating, but not if they're busy. They have their tabs, some crayons and sketchbooks and everyone's happy

Why would I check an app store when I've said over and over again here that I don't own any mobile devices other than a cell phone? And that device hasn't been turned on since May. Yes, it is a smart phone and it can do it all. My "all" is using it for a telephones original intended purpose and that is "talking with someone".

Our kids don't color/read or sketch, but they do play with toys. They also do not go along with us when we take long trips.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I think people get caught up in getting whatever is the newest and greatest electronics they see being advertised. I try to buy what I need and not what I want as far as electronics goes, because I am afraid I would spend more than is reasonable. Right now we have a Samsung tablet that is DH's - a windows laptop and I have a chromebook. Reason - DH only had his laptop and he wanted something he could carry with him so he got the 8" Samsung. I needed something for my use and did not need a lot of features but I prefer typing on a keyboard over typing on a screen so I got a chromebook. I carry a smartphone instead of a tablet with me. Different strokes for different folks. We don't use our windows laptop a lot but we wanted to still have a windows computer.

Respected Contributor

I love new technology.

I have the apple iphone, older imac and just bought the 27 inch newest imac.

3 windows HP note books all various sizes.

I have 3 different kindles various sizes for various needs.

Ipad 3rd gen, ipad air, and ipad mini with retina display.

For android I chose the Samsung Galaxy tab S, and Google Nexus 7.

It depends on needs for portability, screen size for different reasons, and really enjoying the continued new technology that becomes available.

With so many choices and all you need is $, and you can enjoy whatever you like.