Super Contributor

Re: Owning Multiple Tablets - Reasons?

On 8/10/2014 glb613 said:
On 8/7/2014 Roni said:

We have two - the iPad is THE BEST....BUT - it cannot use Adobe Flash, and many ''You Tube'' things are only visible using Adobe Flash - so husband also got an Android system tablet (a Lenovo) I don't watch You Tube...but he is a car nut and it is a must. The apps for the Apple system seem so great and more choices than the Androids. Someone said Adobe Flash is being discontinued????? so it may not matter in the future. Apple and Adobe do not care for each other.

That's not true. All you need is the YouTube app. You can watch everything you want using an iPad.

Just download a different browser like Puffin or Dolphin on your IPad, and you can download flash. Just run a search on thenApple forums.
Super Contributor

On 8/8/2014 lsertic said:

I have an iPad Air, iPad Mini w/Retina Display, Kindle Paperwhite (plus a couple of other older Kindles), and an HP Touchpad. My iPads get the most use.

No logical reason really. I just like electronic gadgets. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

And no reason to feel bad about it and nobody's business.
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/12/2014 Nikalette said:

I have an iPad Air, iPad Mini w/Retina Display, Kindle Paperwhite (plus a couple of other older Kindles), and an HP Touchpad. My iPads get the most use.

No logical reason really. I just like electronic gadgets. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

And no reason to feel bad about it and nobody's business.

No reason to feel bad about it. What devices you buy are your business and no one else's I was just posting how addictive these things can be for some people. Enjoy your devices.

Honored Contributor

The most honest person here.

Respected Contributor

My problem is that I want to upgrade. Then I can't part with my old one because you won't get much for it.

I will probably upgrade my larger Kindle HD if something wonderful comes out in the fall.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/12/2014 Matty6 said:
On 8/11/2014 mima said:

Matty6, you are assuming too much about me. You are way off. BTW, you can have ONE device and be addicted.

mima, I am not assuming anything about anyone so don't get yourself in a bunch. This was something that I read online. And "BTW" thanks for making that point with one device being addictive. The point is these gadgets are addictive. If you have one of more of these things it does not matter as I said before moderation folks.

Matty6,

I understand the point of your post and I tend to agree with you.

I do wonder, too, like the OP, how people utilize all the tech things they buy.....I wonder how much time they can spend on them, and how it affects their lives. I don't care what anyone else does, it's just that I wonder.

I'm so low tech, I have had only two computers since I retired in 1998, and only just recently got a refurbished lap tap, just so I could be on the computer in another part of the house, when my husband was on the main one. I have an old flip top phone which is just used for emergencies, not left on to accept calls, no phone plan, just prepaid cards and I plan to use it until it dies. I have just ordered that Le Pan tablet because it seemed to have really good reviews at a very reasonable price. I'll see if I really like it, and if I'll get some entertainment out of it. I dragged my feet about a tablet for a long time, but I don't want to be too much of a dinosaur.

I'm just outlining the things I have because, even though it isn't much, I still tend to think I spend too much time on them. I keep telling myself I'll cut back to less than I do now, and believe me it isn't all that much.

I see people on their devices all over the place, and I just can't imagine being so hooked up to these things.

It's just the way I feel, though, and I understand others feel differently.

Honored Contributor

I am getting a new MacBook Pro for my graduate work, and a new iPad to keep notes and for research. When the new "big" iPhone comes I'll be getting that. I can trade my iPad 2 Verizon and iPad Mini for the two new pieces, and I'll probably trade my iPhone 5 when I get my new phone.
Respected Contributor

I have my laptop that I really like and swore I didn't need a tablet. Until I got sick with a horrible cold. It was too much effort to drag myself off the couch to go to the laptop, and the tablet was a great solution. But you know what? I really don't like the tablet all that much and now drag myself back to the laptop. It's just easier for me.

Respected Contributor

On 8/21/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

I have my laptop that I really like and swore I didn't need a tablet. Until I got sick with a horrible cold. It was too much effort to drag myself off the couch to go to the laptop, and the tablet was a great solution. But you know what? I really don't like the tablet all that much and now drag myself back to the laptop. It's just easier for me.

I feel the same way about my iPad.

Honored Contributor

I could see having more than one if you got a better model. I only need one.