Super Contributor

Laptop preloaded with office 2013, windows 8, IE 8

I think I've found a computer on Amazon that fits the bill under $400 an Asus. My 4 year old Dell won't run IE anymore, although Mozilla works fine. I'm taking a required Office class, can get office very cheap through a student program, but thought I'd check here and see of anyone is happy with a purchase. I wanted to get Microsoft Surface 3, but the tablets run Office RT and I don't think that will work for my classes.
Honored Contributor

Re: Laptop preloaded with office 2013, windows 8, IE 8

Sorry but I don't understand your question. Not even sure that I have found it in your opening post.

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Why don't you post a link to this laptop,so someone can tell yow how it will run.
Respected Contributor

My HP Laptop is preloaded with MS Office and I like it. I bought the student version when I was a student back in 2002 and I have the disc but it is not really compatible with anything anymore. When I bought the student version it was about $150 and that was when Office was about $300. I loaded it on different computers for years. Now, I believe Microsoft has lowered the price and the Office can go on a limited number of computers.
Honored Contributor

Asus is a good brand... IE 8 and Windows 8 are both already out of date, but both can also be upgraded for free. Regardless of version, I don't personally use IE much anymore at all. I'd guess that any relatively current version of Office will meet your needs. They do vary, sometimes significantly, but are essentially compatible and transfer of learning from one to the other is usually reasonably easy.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...