Honored Contributor

Krimpette wrote:

@dooBdoo. Thanks so much!  I'm really getting old....I don't even remember instaling that update, but sure enough...my computer shows that it's the versionon on my computer.   Will it be necessary to update to High Sierra?  That sounds so MAJOR!!!!!  (Thanks for responding to me so quickly and for sharing your expertise!!!!)

@Krimpette,  You're welcome!   The new version will be a big one.   I always update as soon as software is available, but frankly many people prefer to wait and see if there are any major bugs to be sorted out.   At some point, however, it's really a good idea to move forward to the most current version if only to be sure we have all the security updates included in it.   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

If you keep the App Store app on your tool bar it will show you notifications when there is an update. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo. I can recall doing the update to Sierra.  I held out for a long time, until my bank kind of forced me into updating.  I recall ending up having to call Apple tech support for assistance.  I'll probably be a similar "hold-out" for this next verzion.  I'll look forward to your posts about how wonderful it is!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Krimpette wrote:

@dooBdoo. I can recall doing the update to Sierra.  I held out for a long time, until my bank kind of forced me into updating.  I recall ending up having to call Apple tech support for assistance.  I'll probably be a similar "hold-out" for this next verzion.  I'll look forward to your posts about how wonderful it is!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Hi, again, @Krimpette!    You'll be in good company waiting a wee bit before updating -- many people feel it's more prudent.    I do hope you see posts about how wonderful it is...   sometimes we find unexpected "features" (aka bugs!) that make the experience somewhat more "interesting" than we might like.   I'm sure whatever you decide will be fine.   Take care.image.gif

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova