Honored Contributor

I recently bought and received both the Q Amazon Fire and HSN RCA mini laptop/tablet.  I think I like the RCA best but it's  kind of hard to judge because I can't get online with either.  I'm embarrassed to say that I'm unable to come up with my router password.  I had it written 3 or 4 places but can't find any of them.  It's on my old tablet which is dead.  I spent the day looking through my desk to no avail.  It's  been years since I last needed it.

I went on YouTube to see if it can be retrieved from my cell phone.  It can but the instructions are so complicated I was totally lost on the first step.  Their Android didn't match mine.

Anyone have any ideas?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

My router has a sticker with serial numbers, etc. on it...and the password is on that sticker,..check all over your router and see if it's there.

Good luck.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lost Password. Help!

[ Edited ]

@alicedee.  There is an administrative password but it's not the one used to get online.  It is used in the complicated process to get to the actual usable password.   Thanks anyway

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Whatever entity supplied the router should have a CS number and they should be able to help you reset your password.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

If you get all the needed information off the back, go to the maker's site and look for support.

Or just decide it is time for a new one and write the darn thing down.

Trusted Contributor

Log into the router as administrator, and make a new password for connecting devices.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lost Password. Help!

[ Edited ]

If you are trying to connect a new laptop to your wifi network then just use your network name to connect it.  The laptop should automatically search for your wifi signal then type in the name of your network on new laptop set up screen.

You don't need a router password to connect a new device to your wifi. All you need is the name of your network which is found on the lower right corner where the wifi icon of a little computer screen appears. Click that and it lists all the networks in your area. Yours will be listed there.

Network name and router signal are tied together and secure. You, or someone in your household, gave your network a name when your router was activated. That name is what you need to know.

Honored Contributor

Just went through that with my Facebook account. I wanted to delete my profile associated with my email address from work (have since retired). Couldn't remember what password I used so I gave up for now.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee.  With both devices, when I turn them on, it bring up the name of my router, I click on it, then it asks for my password.  All action then comes to a screeching halt as I have none to enter.

Respected Contributor

You will probably have to call the Customer Service of your provider and ask them to help you reset it.

Most companies are open late and will easily do it for you.

Sometimes I email passwords to myself as I have a lot of different ones and frequently forget which one goes where...