Honored Contributor

HSN has a tablet that is the TS. I'm thinking of purchasing but wonder if it's something I need if I already have a laptop and a smart phone. 

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

HSN has a tablet that is the TS. I'm thinking of purchasing but wonder if it's something I need if I already have a laptop and a smart phone. 

@Pecky   That is just a matter of personal preference.  I have a tablet and I take it everywhere I go, just like my phone.  I think my phone is too small for me to read well on it and my tablet is a Fire Kindle and I store books on it and read when I am in a doctor's office or any place I have to wait.  Mine contains a Bible so it is handy for Bible study.  I personally do not like a laptop.  I have had two (one I used for business and the other one of my children gave me for Christmas once upon a time).  I just prefer my PC and tablet.

Respected Contributor

You probably don't need it, but you might want it.  A tablet is good for travel, using when relaxing, or reading an e-book.  It is easier to handle than a laptop.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

You probably don't need it, but you might want it.  A tablet is good for travel, using when relaxing, or reading an e-book.  It is easier to handle than a laptop.  

@Peaches McPhee @Nonametoday Thanks so much.  I went ahead and ordered it.  Is it easy to hook up?I am not real tech savy. LOL

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@Peaches McPhee @Nonametoday Thanks so much.  I went ahead and ordered it.  Is it easy to hook up?I am not real tech savy. LOL

@Pecky   I thought it was easy but then I have worked with computers, etc., for many years.  I think, if you have issues, ask a friend or someone in your church or social group who is computer-savvy to help you with it.  

Honored Contributor

@PeckyDefinitely a personal preference choice.  I have a smartphone, a tablet, and a laptop.  The only one I might well not replace if it went bad is the tablet, but I had to own one before I really understood how I would want to use one.  I don't carry mine out of the house except when I'm going on a trip and in the house, I prefer the laptop screen as well as how many of the websites I use work on the laptop. 

I sign in here on the Forums, 20 times as often on my laptop as I do on my tablet -  and I close to never use my tablet for financial transactions.   But, I know all that is personal preference.

Respected Contributor

I have a tablet, smart phone and desktop.  I use the tablet the most. 

Honored Contributor

I have a convertible laptop-tablet. I use the laptop because I like having a keyboard. I also have a desktop but no smart phone. I like using the laptop while sitting in my recliner and my desktop at my desk where all my paperwork and mail stuff is located. Both have their purpose in my lifestyle.

Respected Contributor

I ordered a 10 inch RCA tablet a year or two ago from HSN and I like it and use it often.  Very easy to use.  

I like the laptop for typing anything lengthy and also for banking and browsing for shopping.  Cell phone is too small for me to look at for a long time.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@Pecky I don't have this model, but I did buy one similar to it, same brand, detachable keyboard. This is the worst hunk of junk, I am sorry I purchased it. Save your money!