Honored Contributor

Telephone call from Apple Inc🤷‍♀️😳😳

I just received two phone calls from Apple Inc- stated to talk with tech support press one- area code 609. I didn't answer. I have made no contact with them. Anyone else receive calls like this? I have the robo call blocker with my cable company and it has really reduced calls. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

Re: Telephone call from Apple Inc🤷‍♀️😳😳

@SouthernBee wrote:

I just received two phone calls from Apple Inc- stated to talk with tech support press one- area code 609. I didn't answer. I have made no contact with them. Anyone else receive calls like this? I have the robo call blocker with my cable company and it has really reduced calls. Southern Bee

We have had a few posts on the forum about phony contacts from Apple. I received phony emails and sent screen shots to Apples' site for reporting security issues. Thank you fir providing a heads up to members. 

Esteemed Contributor

A few days ago I also got a call from area code 609 but no message left. I've since deleted the number out of my phone or I'd give it to you to compare but I do  remember at the time googling the number and all I came up with worth anything is that area code 609 is in New Jersey. 

Honored Contributor

Do not respond to any of these calls, my coworker did and it took him 2 days to get his credit cards and accounts back in order, dreadful mistake. I recently got a similar call from Comcast XFinity, do not respond. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D : I also have the call blocker with the big red button and trying to block the calls. They just called back and said something about making a payment? No money owed to Apple. DH trying to watch football and wants me to answer and tell them they have the wrong number- no way- My name not mentioned in the call message. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee 

I have found that letting all my unfamiliar calls go to my answering machine has seemed to help the number of robo calls go down considerably.

Even using the call blocker I have, they would just call back from another number, because I answered the phone.  I think not picking up the phone and answering (even if you hang up or block that call) just lets them know that there is a live person on the other end.  And they will just keep trying, and you'll have even more from other places.

I still get some robo calls, but not nearly as many as when I picked up the phone.  And none during the holiday season so far--even the computers took time off!😄

Honored Contributor

Apple will never call you unless you initiate  a case

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette : Thanks for the information. I thought it was odd because we received a few calls Christmas  from friends and no calls until today. Before the robo call blocker was receiving at least 7 to 8 telemarking calls per day. Just received another call indicating to talk with support supervisor. Didn't answer or block the call. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

One more thing to remember:  I highly doubt that Apple would be calling on a Sunday!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette : Was thinking the same about a Sunday call. DH just wants to watch football with no calls. Southern Bee