New Contributor

Hi everyone! So glad to hear there are others out there having a dickens of time finding a laptop. Wow! In my wildest dreams did not expect such difficulties finding something that has become necessary in the 21st century. The past 10 weeks have searched for a laptop/notebook/2-in-1 and it's practically mind numbing! These machines are ghastly expensive and the days of reliability with these 

machines seems to change with the 'current of the river'.

Found a list of the best and worst laptop brands and found that all of them have lemons - including apple. Asus, Acer, Dell, HP all have great products once the price tag is far above $2500. That's a bit steep suggestions?

Honored Contributor

@Powys wrote:

Hi everyone! So glad to hear there are others out there having a dickens of time finding a laptop. Wow! In my wildest dreams did not expect such difficulties finding something that has become necessary in the 21st century. The past 10 weeks have searched for a laptop/notebook/2-in-1 and it's practically mind numbing! These machines are ghastly expensive and the days of reliability with these 

Found a list of the best and worst laptop brands and found that all of them have lemons - including apple. Asus, Acer, Dell, HP all have great products once the price tag is far above $2500. That's a bit steep suggestions?

I know what you mean! It is taking me so long to decide what I want, I'm getting sick of me! I don't want to make a mistake and buy something I will have to live with for a good 5 years and be very unhappy.I always get buyers remorse when I make a big purchase!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Laptop choice?

[ Edited ]

@Powys wrote:

This is a nice place to start looking for a laptop. http://www.laptopmag.com/best-laptops

A final place to look at reviews.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/