Valued Contributor

I am looking for a tablet  purchase from qvc.since this is my first tablet not looking for an expensive one.i have been looking at the amazon fire and especially the samsung galaxy tab.I saw the reviews on the la pan which is not to good.

do you know if  the samsung  is going to go down in price here any time soon or any special showings on tablets  here on qvc soom.

Honored Contributor

What do you want to use the tablet for? How you plan to use it makes all the difference in which tablets you should consider purchasing.

Valued Contributor

just for emails surfing the web shopping movies.nothing major.just to keep in my pocket.

leave the heavy stuff for my desk top and laptop.

Trusted Contributor

Amazon has a Kindle Fire 7" for under $50. This would be a great one to start with. There's also a 6"'HD version for $70. QVC has this one:

image.png

Valued Contributor

I have had Nooks, a Kindle and now a Samsung Pro 8.4.  What I've found is that the Nooks and Kindles do not allow you to use the games you've purchased (or downloaded for free) on each other's tablets. 

If you are invested in Amazon Prime - then get a Kindle.  I just read that they are coming out with a new one so maybe the prices of the others will drop. 

I'm starting to love the Samsung because it's the newest one and much lighter, faster etc. And cameras, back/front. I can also use banking apps on it.  But it's been more complex to learn how to use. 

Normally I watch for sales/coupons from Staples, Best Buy and don't always but the latest tablet. Usually spend $100-$200 on them. 

Trusted Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

Amazon has a Kindle Fire 7" for under $50. This would be a great one to start with. There's also a 6"'HD version for $70. QVC has this one:

image.png

If you're considering the Kindle Fire I would compare this model with $50 one on Amazon. I think QVC's is an older generation KF. I noticed one on Amazon has front & rear facing cameras while QVC's only has rear facing camera. I believe there are other differences too. 

Honored Contributor

Like others have said, depends on how you plan to use it/tablet size/operating system/internal memory/movies etc.

I personally would stick with a brand name you recognize. Also, if Android, I would make sure it was later version, at least Lollipop 5.0. No way I would buy one that DID NOT have a Quad Core Processor, especially if you plan on streaming movies?

We have a 7" older Samsung and a 10" HP. HP has quad core/16g internal memory and 

Lollipop 5.0.  Upgraded for quad core and newer operating system.  Both are very good tablets and very easy to use.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

just for emails surfing the web shopping movies.nothing major.just to keep in my pocket.

leave the heavy stuff for my desk top and laptop.

I think a Galaxy Tab or an Amazon Fire would work well for you.

Some things to consider:

• Android and Fire tablets come with little storage and need a flash card to expand storage. ONLY music, photos, movies, and documents can be moved to the flash drive. Apps must remain on the included hard drive, so if you want a lot of games, etc, make sure you don't get the smallest capacity available.

• Fire tablets run off a modified version of Android called Fire OS. Apps you love in the Google Play store for Android tablets may or may not be available for the Fire tablet.

• iPads and Android tablets have the largest selection of Apps. If you have any Apps you've seen on other tablets and really liked, make sure they are available for the device you buy or you could be disappointed. You might save money by buying a cheaper tablet, but if it doesn't have the things you want, it might not be the best value.

I have an Amazon Fire and I really like it. The Kindle is my favorite eReader and the Fires have that built in. I really like the way the Fire displays my books and Apps and makes it easy to find what I want. There are some games I want that aren't available on my Fire and are only available for iPads and Android tablets, but I can survive that.

The one thing I don't like about Android and Fire tablets is the limited storage. I went with 16GB and make sure that I delete any books or games I am not currently reading/playing and it works well, but I'm one who always wants more storage for Apps. I don't keep documents, photos, music, or movies on my tablet  so adding additional storage just for those doesn't help me.

I don't know how big your pockets are, but none of the actual tablets will fit into my pockets. Maybe you mean a large coat pocket and not a pants pocket.

If you want something that actually fits in your pants pocket, you should look at the larger phones, not a tablet. I carry my Kindles and Fires in my purse, but not my pocket. I can't even bend over to tie my shoe if my iPhone 6 is in my pocket and that's much smaller than the smallest tablets. If I were you, I would absolutely look in stores and test anything you're looking at out before you buy. You can always buy from QVC after testing in stores. I don't know of any tablets that will fit into my pockets. 

Respected Contributor

Agree with Chynnablue, 

I was going to suggest Fire, but that won't fit in your pocket. Plus to carry anything around you will need Wifi or cell data. Get a smart phone, does it all.

Valued Contributor

thanks guys

i will try the amazon fire as my first tablet.i guess for the price you cant go  wrong.