Esteemed Contributor
The Q one pictured on this thread is the latest 7" version but why would you buy it from the Q when it is only $49 and no s&h ( the covers and various chips are available for much less on EBay). With grandkids and other family I own 6 kindle, 5 of which are the one pictured. The 8 GBP with a 32 or 64 gb chip plus all Amazon purchased data is stored forever, even if you delete it from your device.
Honored Contributor

My husband has a Samsung and he really likes it. I have a trio because I wanted the 4g capability. I would say we are very satisfied with both choices. 

I would never consider paying for an I pad unless I needed it for my job.Just way too expensive.

Esteemed Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

I am looking for a tablet  purchase from qvc.since this is my first tablet not looking for an expensive one.i have been looking at the amazon fire and especially the samsung galaxy tab.I saw the reviews on the la pan which is not to good.

do you know if  the samsung  is going to go down in price here any time soon or any special showings on tablets  here on qvc soom.

You would be happy with an iPad mini 2 from Apple. The company sells refurbished products with a new warranty. Please call Apple and ask about these products. I would not buy a tablet with less than 32 GB of storage.

You may want to look at Staples. They have a sale on iPads. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Toshiba tablet powered by windows and a Acer tablet [andriod] both 8 inch. I much prefer the Acer .. easy to use, back lit screen and all under 100 dollars. I ordered on sale from Acer online. And I will never get another device without android again I love it. I can use the Acer for a E-reader I have watched movies on it .. and have done other things I can not do with the Toshiba.  Hope that helps Happy shopping O/P.

Esteemed Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

thanks guys

i will try the amazon fire as my first tablet.i guess for the price you cant go  wrong.

Please check the warranty on the Amazon Fire's. I noticed the Amazon 7" tab has only a 90 day warranty on parts and labor. Most tabs have a 1 year warranty.

Respected Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@heart of savino wrote:

thanks guys

i will try the amazon fire as my first tablet.i guess for the price you cant go  wrong.

Please check the warranty on the Amazon Fire's. I noticed the Amazon 7" tab has only a 90 day warranty on parts and labor. Most tabs have a 1 year warranty.

Glad you brought that up.  I had no idea.  I assumed anything from Amazon like that had a 1 year warranty.  I will pay attention from now on!  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

If this is your first tablet, I would recommend the Kindle Fire.  It's easy to use, it's easy to set up,  it's durable and you get all the benefits of Amazon Prime,  if you choose to purchase it.   I think you can buy one directly from Amazon.com for $49. 

Respected Contributor

I would suggest you go with the Kindle Fire 7, at $49, from Amazon.  Their kindles and their customer service are excellent.

Valued Contributor

does it come with a USB ADAPTHER  for  wall socket charging.

Respected Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

does it come with a USB ADAPTHER  for  wall socket charging.

Yes, it says it has a power adapter.