Super Contributor

Im getting a smartphone should i get the Apple 4s or the Samsung G.

I just don't know which one is better and will last longer. If you have one of these phone I would love to know why you pick it and some on it's features that make you like it.
Super Contributor

Re: Im getting a smartphone should i get the Apple 4s or the Samsung G.

My daughter repairs cell phones for a living and she say the I phones are sturdier. There are less problems with the screen breaking.

Esteemed Contributor

If your computer is an Apple you might consider the IPhone. If you have a regular pc, the Galaxy might be a better choice.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

We've had the iphone and now have Samsung Galaxy's. Mine is the one with the pen.

For us, it was a matter of the coverage when we switched, although now I think you are not forced to use AT&T any more. Overall it seems that the iphone is sturdier as bow says, but the android operating system is more familiar, and more fun, for us. Since we have Samsung tablets it's just very convenient to have access to apps and data on both devices.

Personally I object to the huge markup for pure apple profit. I think it's around 34 percent.

Given the price difference, I feel more comfortable with a less $$ phone.

I like being able to play with the android os. You can't do that with the iphone.

Eh, I must say, that darn charger port on the Samsung phones seems weak.

So it's a toss up. Overall tho, having used both, we like android. I wish I could say one is better than the other, but for us it's just personal preference. Both are good phones. - Bird

Honored Contributor

i phone but the 4s may be coming to the end of it's life cycle so that is a consideration...why not the 5?

I just don't like android os system

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

OP, you started a thread the other day saying you'd already gotten an iPhone. I'm confused. Anyway.... I love my iPhone if that helps you at all.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

I did get the iPhone 4s but have trouble reading some of the small print, I adjusted it but was told the Samsung was better. So before I do anything and go over the 14 days they said I had to return it, I am asking the opinion of people who have both phones. I don't want to make a mistake I will be sorry for.
Trusted Contributor

I too am needing to get a new phone and was wondering the same thing. Several guys that I work with switched to the Galaxy and are liking it better than the I-phone.

I havn't had any problems with my I-phone and like it fine but it seems so many are switching to the Galaxy. The main thing I hear it that it is a little bigger.

Would love to know others opinions as well.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/21/2014 isaboo said:

I too am needing to get a new phone and was wondering the same thing. Several guys that I work with switched to the Galaxy and are liking it better than the I-phone.

I havn't had any problems with my I-phone and like it fine but it seems so many are switching to the Galaxy. The main thing I hear it that it is a little bigger.

Would love to know others opinions as well.

Samsung is introducing a new phone in early April. You should check your cellphone company site for the date. http://reviews.cnet.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/

Many of my friends have changed to Samsung phones for two reasons. The price of the S4, and the display size. The new phone will probably come in at a the regular price.

Respected Contributor

I personally would pick the Samsung for the screen size also. I have had my Samsung galaxy S2 for close to 2 years and never used a case on it or screen protector. I dropped it on the cement and survived. It has a little ding on the corner, that's all. They are really sturdy. At least the older phones are.