Respected Contributor

Re: Im getting a smartphone should i get the Apple 4s or the Samsung G.

Littledaisy, if you are having trouble seeing your new Iphone and the battery won't stay up, I'd take it back while you still can. Sounds like you are starting off with too many problems. The Samsungs have bigger screens.

Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 3/21/2014 betteb said:

If your computer is an Apple you might consider the IPhone. If you have a regular pc, the Galaxy might be a better choice.

I only have PCs and have never had an issue with my iPhone. My first computer was a Mac, bought by my dad back in the 80s, and I've got a personal (and possibly irrational) bias against Mac computers. The iPhone was the first Mac product I ever purchased myself.

If you get an iPhone, it integrates easily with the Mac computers, but mine also integrates easily with my PCs and Windows products. Mac realized quite some time ago that it was really stupid when it shut all PC products out. (I still haven't forgiven them for that, which is part of my irrational bias against their computers, which I recognize are great products.)

This is accurate, ChynnaBlue. iPhones work nicely with Macs or PCs. We've used iPhones for years and have been highly satisfied. They're real workhorses, excellent hardware and software quality, top notch support from Apple. They don't have as much of the malware/spyware problems often associated with android apps (and they don't share as much personal data). Nearly all of those I know who started with android phones eventually moved to iPhones, and are happy with the change.

However, I always recommend: think about what you want the phone to do for you, look at which service provider you want, ask friends and family what they like to use, and if at all possible go to a b&m store to see and "feel" the different phones. The "best" choice for one person isn't always going to be the best for someone else.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

I am an apple girl so I vote for an Apple iPhone.
Honored Contributor

Regular Contributor

I had an iPhone and switched last summer to the galaxy s4. The s4 is compatible with my work and I have a Note and a Samsung Internet TV so everything is compatible. I love the picture quality on the s4! I don't miss my iPhone and I was concerned that I might. I can't imagine having anything else at this time.
Trusted Contributor

My husband and boys have iphones, screen was too small for my 50 yr old eyes. It offers all that I need to do and more. I think the iphone case is more fragile, but now we all have protective cases.
Valued Contributor

My vote is for the iPhone. My son had an iPhone and recently decided on the Galaxy. He has had nothing but problems and just told me the other day that he's going to go back to the iPhone. HTH
Contributor

I had 2 phones and a tablet that were Androids and swear I'll never get anything but an Apple from now on. Androids would be amazing if they did what they're supposed to do, but they don't. Maybe it's the ones by HTC, as mine were, that are the problem. I was pulling my hair out daily!!! I got the original Apple IPhone 4 and never pulled my hair once. It was dependable from day 1. The only real drawback was the small screen. I just replaced it 2 weeks ago with the 5C, and the screen is a little bigger.
Honored Contributor

no contest...the iphone5 is the best phone I have ever had.

Contributor

I have had a lot of discussion with people lately as best phone to pair up with new stereo for my car and different phone sales people that told me if you are given the chance take the iPhone 4 over the 5. Companies are having a hard time with their electronics pairing up to the device. Found that out with new stereo. Top of the line unit could pick up the iPhone but not pull the video from it without having to order 100 cables other brands couldn't even show titles of songs from the 5.