Esteemed Contributor

Re: Im getting a smartphone should i get the Apple 4s or the Samsung G.

On 4/2/2014 PalmTree11 said:

I currently have an iPhone 4S and will be trading it for a Samsung Galaxy S5 when it comes out next week. I'm tired of small iPhone screen and my sister switched to an Android phone (LG G2) and she likes it better. I had the original Droid before my iPhone and there is just so much more customization you can do with it versus iPhone. Really the only reason I would consider sticking with iPhone is because all the designer cases are made for iPhone. I'm not convinced iPhone 6 will be that great, and iPhone 5S does not appeal to me at all.

However, if you are not familiar with smartphones, iPhone is probably the easier phone to pick up and use out of the box.

The only downside about buying a device early is finding a case. I think a Samsung or Apple phones are easy to use. Samsung has software which runs along side the Android OS . It makes a phone or tablet a little more user friendly than a pure Android like a Nexus 5 or Nexus 7.
Respected Contributor

On 4/2/2014 happy housewife said: There are a lot of apps etc that are Apple products and only work on their phones or tablets.

But doesn't Playstore have a comparible apps? I'm just wanting to know just what the iphone does that the Samsungs don't do. I don't think there is much if anything.

I personally like the BIG screens of Samsung. I wouldn't consider an Iphone. But that is just me.

I went from a Samsung Galaxy S2 to a Note 3. My Note 3 is awesome!

Honored Contributor

On 4/3/2014 mima said:
On 4/2/2014 happy housewife said: There are a lot of apps etc that are Apple products and only work on their phones or tablets.

But doesn't Playstore have a comparible app? I'm just wanting to know just what the iphone does that the Samsungs don't do. I don't think there is much if anything.

I personally like the BIG screens of Samsung. I wouldn't consider an Iphone. But that is just me.

I went from a Samsung Galaxy S2 to a Note 3. My Note 3 is awesome!

You can download all the apps thru the App Store which should be built in to any Iphone. I switched from a droid to an I phone 5s and I love it, I have a Macbook and if you add something to the calendar it appears in both the phone and the computer

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I just went from a Galaxy S to a current LG. Androids. I'm getting used to it and like it. My daughter went from Galaxy 2 to Galaxy Note and loves it. Huge screen.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

Can you play I tunes purchases on the Galaxy Note 3?... I am not familiar with its Os. My Kindle HD and IPad 2 can share I tunes songs and amazon music purchases...they also share the kindle book purchases. Of course the apps don't work on each other. So I already have to buy apps on both devices. Where do you buy apps for the Galaxy?
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/3/2014 Nikalette said: Can you play I tunes purchases on the Galaxy Note 3?... I am not familiar with its Os. My Kindle HD and IPad 2 can share I tunes songs and amazon music purchases...they also share the kindle book purchases. Of course the apps don't work on each other. So I already have to buy apps on both devices. Where do you buy apps for the Galaxy?

I Wi-Fi stream my iTunes library to my iPad with an Apple app. I can stream the same library to my Galaxy S4 or Android tablet using an Google play store version of the same app. This is a link to a free sync App.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mahmed.net.synctuneswirelessfree

Their are more suggestions at the bottom of the page. I many times will pay for an APP(s). I usually read reviews and decide will an app work for me. I use a custom made app that goes with an internet radio.

Super Contributor

On 4/2/2014 nutmeg3 said:
On 4/2/2014 PalmTree11 said:

I currently have an iPhone 4S and will be trading it for a Samsung Galaxy S5 when it comes out next week. I'm tired of small iPhone screen and my sister switched to an Android phone (LG G2) and she likes it better. I had the original Droid before my iPhone and there is just so much more customization you can do with it versus iPhone. Really the only reason I would consider sticking with iPhone is because all the designer cases are made for iPhone. I'm not convinced iPhone 6 will be that great, and iPhone 5S does not appeal to me at all.

However, if you are not familiar with smartphones, iPhone is probably the easier phone to pick up and use out of the box.

The only downside about buying a device early is finding a case. I think a Samsung or Apple phones are easy to use. Samsung has software which runs along side the Android OS . It makes a phone or tablet a little more user friendly than a pure Android like a Nexus 5 or Nexus 7.

Nutmeg, don't worry, I already found cases for the S5 on Amazon. I am super klutzy so a case is a must!

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you were able to find a case. Enjoy your new phone.

Frequent Contributor

Like everyone said, it's a matter of personal preference and it usually comes down to what one started to use 1st when smartphones first came out back in 2004-5 with the Blackberry. I used a BB first but then switched to an iPhone 4S and have had it now for 3 years... Love it lots for its ease of use. Now my brother and sis in law love their Samsung Galaxy smartphones and were always android users first. Good luck with whichever one you choose!
Trusted Contributor

On 4/2/2014 Sooner said:
On 3/21/2014 bowlicious said:

My daughter repairs cell phones for a living and she say the I phones are sturdier. There are less problems with the screen breaking.

One thing to note: The IPhone can't swim. Don't ask how I know that. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Sooner, I took mine into the pool, too. There are waterproof cases but they are big, ugly, and expensive. Cheaper than my new phone, though.