Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Getting The New iPad Pro

I don't have an Apple Store near me but do have a Best Buy. If I order an iPad from Apple online, would they be good for making repairs if I have to mail the iPad to them? Is Best Buy authorized to fix iPads or does the store send them out for repairs? It will cost the same from either store, just wondering which one is better?

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't order another IPad Pro if it was free.  My IPad4 works better.  I spent 1200 dollars for my IPad Pro which is the one just under what just came out.  It locks up at times and can't keep the keyboard up on it.  The keyboard sinks into the bottom tool bar.  If I don't hold it upright the keyboard won't appear.  I'm done with IPads for good.  

I do have to say I'm loving my new HP Obtane TSV laptop.  It's super duper fast and it works well.  Very impressed with it.  Was well worth the money.  Excellent laptop and I will give it 5 stars.  

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I don't have an Apple Store near me but do have a Best Buy. If I order an iPad from Apple online, would they be good for making repairs if I have to mail the iPad to them? Is Best Buy authorized to fix iPads or does the store send them out for repairs? It will cost the same from either store, just wondering which one is better?

@Jordan2

Apple Stores are not the only places that does repairs.  There are Apple Authorized Service Providers shops.  Go on Apple's website to find the one nearest you.

Best Buy should be the last resort for Apple product repairs.

===========

Another thing to consider:  As long as you are still under warranty and/or have Apple Care, you can ship your Apple product to Apple for repairs. 

Apple will mail you EVERYTHING you need to ship.  ALL FOR FREE!

AppleCare for desktops (iMacs & Mac Book Pros) has in-home repairs.  They will send a repair person to your house.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2

Apple Stores are not the only places that does repairs.  There are Apple Authorized Service Providers shops.  Go on Apple's website to find the one nearest you.

Best Buy should be the last resort for Apple product repairs.

===========

Another thing to consider:  As long as you are still under warranty and/or have Apple Care, you can ship your Apple product to Apple for repairs. 

Apple will mail you EVERYTHING you need to ship.  ALL FOR FREE!

AppleCare for desktops (iMacs & Mac Book Pros) has in-home repairs.  They will send a repair person to your house.

@Mz iMac, I have bought computers from Best Buy before, have always taken out contracts and that geek squad protection. I wasn't always happy with their tech support (in store). On another note, I had an old Kindle Fire and old iPod that I wiped clean and wanted to recycle. I brought them to Best Buy (they have a place to drop off before you fully come into the store). I wanted to make sure I could drop it in there, so I asked the person at the front door. I was told I had to go to customer service to drop it off. I had to wait online just to drop the items off, I felt like I was doing the right thing, instead of just throwing it in the trash, and they made me wait! I have 3 Tracfones that I have wiped clean, they are in excellent condition, I want to look into a program I can donate them to that gives them to veterans or senior citizens.

Valued Contributor

Amazon is selling brand new 2018 ipads for $250 which is an unusual discount for that product.  I picked one up a week ago.  Love it, runs smooth and fast like my much larger iMac computer.

Honored Contributor

I'm the OP, and I have wanted to get the new iPad Pro 12.9". Now for what I want, this will set me back $1,800 (WI-FI and cellular, Applecare, and keyboard folio). Now I'm reading about this "bendgate" where some of the pads have a slight bend straight out of the box. Apple says this is normal and are replacing some of them for their customers. For $1,800 I don't want something that is defective and I have to be super careful with ( I am careful with all my devices and do not abuse them). I am rethinking getting this iPad Pro.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2, I have iPad Pro.  For me, it is not really worth the extra money.  Next time, back to iPad.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Jordan2, I have iPad Pro.  For me, it is not really worth the extra money.  Next time, back to iPad.  LM

@Lilysmom, thanks for your honesty. Just curious, do you have the latest model, these have the bends, not the previous generation? I have an iPad Air so I'm not desperate to get a new one. I will wait to see if this is a flaw Apple will correct down the line.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2, I don't have the latest but the one before.  I am not familiar with the 'bend' but have heard something about it.  I usually save the heavy research until I am ready to buy the next one.  I don't do anything more with the ipad pro than I did with the regular ipad.  I thought I might get the pencil but I haven't done that yet.  Just not sure what I would use it with ... or what I could do with it to justify an expensive of close to $200 Cdn.  LM