Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone Getting The New iPad Pro

@Jordan2@Mz iMac, well isn't that great!  I am so happy to know because I almost bought the version 1.  I am coming to the conclusion that I should not buy version 1 of anything, especially anything apple.  I just bought Apple Watch 4 and I love it.  I waited until they made substantial changes and am glad I did.  

Thanks for the info ladies!  LM

Respected Contributor

not after what I just witnessed on you tube.  A guy demonstrated just how thin it really is.   If it’s a piece of paper it bends like a piece of paper and he demonstrated just that!  I’ll keep my version of the iPad Pro I have.  It’s sturdier.  

Valued Contributor

I bought my iPad 2 years ago and got the Air with internet. I love it. But I'm a professional musician, and I wish I had the pro. I tried putting my music on it, but it's just too small for me to see. Our budget doesn't allow such an expensive gift for Christmas, so that's out. I might just wait until I haven't spent so much money and save up a little for it. But it would be nice to put all my music on the pro that I'm working on and just haul it back and forth to my engagements.

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

not after what I just witnessed on you tube.  A guy demonstrated just how thin it really is.   If it’s a piece of paper it bends like a piece of paper and he demonstrated just that!  I’ll keep my version of the iPad Pro I have.  It’s sturdier.  

I saw the videos too. I’m so glad I didn’t get this model. This model was unveiled Oct. 29th. I deliberately ordered my IPad Pro 10.5” the week before because I didn’t like the features of the October model. The bezel is too thin, the price is higher, I wanted the headphone jack that comes with my model and now the October moddly can be easily snapped in half. My model is heavy duty aluminum and doesn’t need to be babied. I’m using both my new Pro and my Ipad Mini 2. The Pro is great for watching Netflix, Directv or YouTube. I bought a great pillow stand called the Flipy which has since sold out here on the Q. When I checked last week Apple still had some of my model available for purchase. 

Esteemed Contributor

Buyer beware.. I do not believe any device is "new"  on QVC. I would buy from apple to be sure if the newest is what you want.Woman Indifferent

Respected Contributor

I had the regular ipad and sold it and got the pro. i wish i kept the regular ipad for there is little difference  between the two.  Only real differnce is the pro was thinner and the screen was a tad different, not by much. Honestly a regular ipad will work just fine if it  is personal use. 

Honored Contributor

I wish I had an Apple store near me, I went today to Best Buy to check out the new iPad Pro. I got there at 10:00 when the store opened, you can never find someone to help you and I find the staff not very well informed.One worker was helping someone with the iPad, I think I knew the answers to questions better than he did. Seeing both sizes of the iPad Pro, the 11" and 1 2.9" , hands down the 12.9" was so much better, the 11" side by side seemed so small. I asked questions about the pencil ( I don't think I really need it) he was pushing it. If I buy an iPad Pro I'm going to order it online from Apple.

Esteemed Contributor

@kcladyz, I agree with your assessment.  I have ipad pro and could easily have gotten along just fine with a regular ipad.  It is not worth the extra $ imo.  Next time, back to regular ipad for me.  LM

Honored Contributor

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the Apple Pencil? I'm thinking of getting the new iPad Pro and getting the second generation pencil. What exactly do you use it for? I asked a worker at Best Buy, he said it's good for taking notes and drawing ( none of which I do), he insisted I need it. I wouldn't mind spending the $129 for it, but I don't want to waste my money if I never use it.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the Apple Pencil?

Apple can---> apple.com/apple-pencil/

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif