Honored Contributor

Anyone Getting The New iPad Pro

I have an iPad Air (I think it's from 2013) it stills works fine, but I have been wanting a new iPad for a long time. I'm wondering now, do I really want or need the iPad Pro, or would I be just as happy with the iPad (the Pro is a lot more money)? I know no one can really tell me what I should do, but I would welcome any opinions and information you might care to share. I do have a question, if I want to get an iPad (Pro) that has WI-FI and cellular capability, which provider do I go with (I think there are choices such as Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint) and do I have to get a data plan or can I purchase a month to month plan (I would use the plan only sporadically).

Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone Getting The New iPad Pro

i am planning to upgrade my iPad as well. To give you an idea how old my iPad is, it still has the big plug to charge.

The iPad Pro is well out of my pricerange, lovely as they ar though. I mostly read on my iPad, and use it for browsing, email etc. especially while traveling.

The iPad Pro seems to shine especially with it's abilities in the creative sector. If that is what you are doing or want to get into, it looks like a great choice.

In my case I will get an overall upgrade, as well as the new screen capabilities with the Pencil. Already found a discounted the Black Friday special.

Hope both of us will enjoy our new iPads.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2

Mine is an iPad Pro, but I’m sure you know that! It came out in 2017, so it is not the new one.

It was nowhere near 5k Wonder what makes the new ones so expensive?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@LTT1

I deleted my post because I gave incorrect info.doh.gif  $5k price was for a customized/maxed out MBP.

A maxed out iPad Pro comes to $1800+. It's on my "Santa Baby" wish list which is getting quite long.whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac

Oh yeah! SANTA BABY!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Jordan2

Mine is an iPad Pro, but I’m sure you know that! It came out in 2017, so it is not the new one.

@LTT1, I don't buy tablets that often, so when I do I want the newest. Once you add in the pencil, keyboard, a cover, it comes to an insane amount of money. Also I don't know how much storage I need, I tend to buy more than I ever fill up! I am going to read some reviews and will think long and hard before I purchase one as it is an expensive purchase.

Frequent Contributor

Unless you need a keyboard / case you could just use a Bluetooth keyboard you might already have. I do agree that the Pencil is a given.

I like to grab my iPad anytime I expect to have a bit of waiting around. That's why I prefer a light case without keyboard. The keyboard function is not so crucial for me personally.

Also, unless you want to store a lot of movies of photos on the iPad you won't need the top level memory. On my iPhone I use Photooptimization and iCloud storage for $2.99 a month

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2, I have iPad Pro.  Mine is a little over a year old.  I haven’t bought the pencil.  I might but I don’t really see myself using it after the novelty wears off.  I heard some time ago that the next pencil will have ridges and I was kind of waiting for that.  The complaint about the original pencil is that it rolls off surfaces because it is round and gets damaged in the fall.

I don’t think I would pay extra for iPad Pro next time because I don’t do anything on it I couldn't do on a regular iPad.  LM

Respected Contributor

No, bought a new iPad last year, very happy with it.

Honored Contributor

I have  2015 air pad, it is good for me.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras