Trusted Contributor

I was given this tablet as a Christmas present and only use it to play games.  Yesterday the screen went almost completely dark, so dark you can hardly see the images and cannot make out the words.  Anyone have this happen and can it be fixed?

Respected Contributor

I'm afraid I don't know, but the first thing I look for is an easy fix. Did you check the brightness settings? Sometimes with touch screens, I find that I've tapped something to change the brightness setting by mistake, even if I'd swear up and down I didn't and have memory of it. If you haven't checked the brightness settings, give that a try. I will cross my fingers and hope for an easy fix for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Fire HD8

[ Edited ]

@chlema

In your settings, under display:
Check your setting for Display Brightness, also check your setting on Adaptive Brightness, same section.

In your settings, under Power:
Check automatic low-power mode.

Swipe down screen to check your quick settings, make sure you haven't accidentally tapped airplane mode or blue shade.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes when my FireHD updates the system some of my settings will be different.  Usually just needs resetting.

Read the tutorials that are on the Kindle.  They are priceless!

Esteemed Contributor

Call Amazon "help" they will troubleshoot it for you.  Worst case, since you got it at Xmas, they will probably replace it (at a minimum, give you a hefty discount towards a new one).

Trusted Contributor

Thanks everyone.  My GD came home and said I must have somehow swiped the brightness bar lol.  Anyway, thanks to her I now can play my games once again and the best thing if it happens again I now can fix it myself - that is if I remember how Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

It sounds like you may have lost you Internet settings or your wifi.  I have to do this with my RCA tablet from time to time. Sometimes the wifi or your connections drop off. Anyway go to settings and you can adjust the brightness display and the wifi and your Internet connection will come back on. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chlemawrote:

Thanks everyone.  My GD came home and said I must have somehow swiped the brightness bar lol.  Anyway, thanks to her I now can play my games once again and the best thing if it happens again I now can fix it myself - that is if I remember how Woman Very Happy

Oh good for you.....just remember the settings on your tablet is always there to help you.Woman Wink 

Contributor

I  bought the kindle fire during the Christmas TSV.  Is there anywhere I can see a list of the books, music  etc that I may have bought Particulary games.  Seems you can inadvertently download a free app and discover that you've paid for a game.

Occasional Contributor

I inadvertenty came across my list today and now don't know how to get bck to it!!!!   That is what happens when you get old!  I am having problems with mine and this is my 3rd Kindle and never had trouble before.  Thinking of sending it back