Super Contributor

Re: Seems like QVC has given up…

@Kachina624 
So nasty and uncalled 
I will observe, however, that YOU are quite consistent in the tone of your responses as well.
Thank you for pointing out that we are still in a global pandemic. 

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624   It's simply not true. Most retailers (Kohls, Bed Bath & Beyond; Overstock; Macy's; Ulta, etc. etc. etc.) are on top of their orders. Not to mention Amazon Prime, which delivers most goods within 24 hours.

QVC has no excuse for its deliberately slow service. To me, it's a slap in the face to customers.

Trusted Contributor

this shipping issue has been going on with QVC since before the "Pandemic".  They are all about excuses.  Also I am not sure why prices have to go up because shipping is slow. Please!  

Super Contributor

@mac116  My orders from other retailers are arriving super fast!!  My orders from Kiehls (snagged a beauty advent calendar), Aritzia and Zara have all arrived in two to three days!!  Plus all of them were with free shipping, plus free returns if something doesn't work out.

I only order something from QVC that I absolutely cannot find anywhere else and am willing to pay the extra shipping for, otherwise I always look elsewhere for the same items.  Many times I can find the same thing, or something really similar, at other retailers.

Respected Contributor

@carlycat This problem is affecting every retailer. For example, I am a plus member at Sam's. I placed an order at the first of the week, it is starting to arrive one item at a time. I have about half the order still missing. I usually received my orders complete within 2 days or so. The shipping situation is only going to get worse as we approach the holiday rush.

Honored Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

@Kachina624 

I beg to differ, but it is NOT all retailers!  Amazon, Lands End, Macy's, and Kohls get purchases to me within 2-7 days...consistently.  For those that say, "I waited 2 weeks for my Amazon purchase", check WHO you are buying the item from, and the expected delivery date.  It probably is a third party seller.

@mac116 

You're having better luck than I with Land's End.  In the last couple of months I placed two orders with them and both took about three weeks to get to me.  With the last order, after the initial email order confirmation I never heard another word from them again unit they finally shipped it, which I found unusual for them.  Also, some items were backordered when I first ordered in August and I just got an email saying they are delayed even further.

Other than Amazon I don't order from the other retailers you mention.  Amazon is normally within their estimated delivery dates.

Honored Contributor

@carlycat 

I don't know if QVC has "given up", but I think a lot of their customers have, JMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  I have to disagree with you. I do a fair amount of ordering online. So far, everything comes when promised and within a week. Most of the time faster. I just ordered something yesterday afternoon and it is going to be delivered tomorrow, and it is not amazon. The only packages that take time to get here are QVC, so I never order anything that I need now. When it comes, it comes. I do find that QVC takes a long time to issue a refund, and that is troublesome.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling    This forum has become little more than the QVC complaint department.  Thread after thread complaining of the most mundane things and situations which are beyond QVC's control. 

It's too bad we're not permitted to have some meaningful discussions but I guess QVC would rather people just complain about them. 

Yes, Kohl's, Macy's and other stores are having the same supply chain issues as QVC but being b&m stores they have to have merchandise in-house to display.   From the onset, Amazon got a special "under the table" deal with the USPS that nobody else has, to expedite their shipping, an unfair advantage.  I understand there are a lot of empty shelves in a lot of b&m stores.  I searched 3 stores last week for Raid Flying Insect Spray and never did find any.  There was a 1 week shipping delay at Amazon.  My neighbors have been complaining that Albertson's has little produce.  I was unable to get frozen food at Walmart.

I was listening to Marla Wynn, the vendor, on HSN this morning.  She said, "you've got two choices, wait for your merchandise or do without". 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I firmly believe that if people aren't experiencing delays with other retailers, then they must lead a charmed life or live under a lucky star. That includes retailers like Amazon, where it seems less and less is actually fulfilled by Amazon, Kohl's, Wayfair, and don't even get me started on Lowe's.

I've had very few delays with QVC, and most seem to be hiccups from the post office end. 

Also believe that what you are buying and the brand involved play a major factor. Perhaps I just don't buy what so many are complaining about. 

And when something is noted as Advance Order I play attention and remember.

I also think there also seems to be a trend where instant gratification rules the day.