Honored Contributor

Re: Seems like QVC has given up…

[ Edited ]

@zitawins wrote:

@Kachina624   It's simply not true. Most retailers (Kohls, Bed Bath & Beyond; Overstock; Macy's; Ulta, etc. etc. etc.) are on top of their orders. Not to mention Amazon Prime, which delivers most goods within 24 hours.

QVC has no excuse for its deliberately slow service. To me, it's a slap in the face to customers.

@zitawins 

Beg to differ....NOT always true.  My Amz order now 6 days, Target was 2 wks, Ulta was 2 wks. ******'s was 3 weeks.  Even Chewy was a full week this order.

It depends on where you live and how close the warehouses are.  NO ONE in my area get Amz in 24 hours!!!

All those orders are past the listed delivery date.

Wally has done the best w/ 3/4 of the order in 2 days....but some things are taking 7-10 days.

Q is NOT the only one.

Edited to add...is the store Macy a bad word?  That is what I typed where the stars *******are above!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

@Kachina624 

I beg to differ, but it is NOT all retailers!  Amazon, Lands End, Macy's, and Kohls get purchases to me within 2-7 days...consistently.  For those that say, "I waited 2 weeks for my Amazon purchase", check WHO you are buying the item from, and the expected delivery date.  It probably is a third party seller.

@mac116    Right here on these boards we've had posters report delays on receiving orders from Land's End.  Amazon is very slow, a minimum of 5-7 days for me to receive an order.  Macy's and Kohls don't operate like online retailers do.  They obviously must have stock in the store or they're out of business.  I've read about reports of low stock in many b&m stores.  Somebody reported bare shelves at Target and Costco this week.  It's going to get worse. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@Kachina624  I have to disagree with you. I do a fair amount of ordering online. So far, everything comes when promised and within a week. Most of the time faster. I just ordered something yesterday afternoon and it is going to be delivered tomorrow, and it is not amazon. The only packages that take time to get here are QVC, so I never order anything that I need now. When it comes, it comes. I do find that QVC takes a long time to issue a refund, and that is troublesome.

@Janey2    Well, that certainly hasn't been my experience.  I placed an Amazon order, shipped by Amazon, about 2 hours ago and it will be delivered next Wednesday.  Speedy, huh?  That's with the special service they get from the post office. 

Took me 17 days for my last QVC refund to be deposited.  I don't consider that unreasonable as I was able to struggle by without that $9. I got back. 

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@Kachina624  I have to disagree with you. I do a fair amount of ordering online. So far, everything comes when promised and within a week. Most of the time faster. I just ordered something yesterday afternoon and it is going to be delivered tomorrow, and it is not amazon. The only packages that take time to get here are QVC, so I never order anything that I need now. When it comes, it comes. I do find that QVC takes a long time to issue a refund, and that is troublesome.

@Janey2 

Wow!  You're lucky!  I don't know where you live or shop, but the only things I can get within a week are a certain (very high-priced) brand of supplements.  Everything else I order is normally at least a two week wait for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Despite supply chain issues, I have only had one delay and that was at Ralph Lauren when I was told their shipping partner wasn't picking up packages every day.  When mine was picked up by UPS 5 days after I placed the order, I received it in 3 days.

Zappos processed my order within 24 hours, received by UPS in 2 days.

Placed order at Macy's last night.  It was shipped today.  

Walmart always begins shipping my orders the same day I order them.  I receive them the same day or early next morning from the local store or, when shipped, the next day or two.

Lowes, both times recently, shipped within 2 days of ordering. 

Sundance, 3 days in process, but they gave their employees the long weekend off for Labor Day.  

Recently, I had two QVC orders, one a TSV in process 5 days when it went on advanced order.  The other a clearance item, in process 6 days when it went on advanced order.  Both were ordered early in the day before they sold out later in the evening.  They were in stock when I ordered them.  

I thought clearance items would not be reordered.  How can a clearance item go on advanced order? 

I cancelled both and will continue to do that when QVC doesn't tell me upfront something is not in stock.

QVC is having more problems than supply chain issues, unloaded ships, etc.  Something is very wrong when they are not truthful about whether an item is in stock or not.  How can customers trust them?  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Why are you directing ALL your anger at me?

I didn't call you out like others did so please leave me alone!

I clearly pointed out that you have told a member yesterday to google and today your response was just plain mean.

I'm not the only one who called you out on that.

Last week you told a new member something nasty about his FIRE Tablet, no one is nasty on here.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling    Sorry Blingy, just the first paragraph was for you.  The rest was to address other comments; there are so many.  Rather than do 10 posts, I just did one. 

Fire tablet?  Not a huge fan but great for a kid or casual user. 

Respected Contributor

I bought four items from QVC this week. I was notified all four have been shipped.

I bought five items supposedly in stock for pickup at my local Lowe's location. Everyday items like screwdriver, duct tape, toilet seat, plant supplies. In stock. These in stock Items have been trickling in, delay after delay for weeks now.

Four weeks for items from another retailer after waiting over six months for something to be back in stock. Kohl's, delays on simple bath towels. 

I don't want to hear how wonderful other places are. I think they're all a cr@p shoot. 

Respected Contributor

Why bother to rant and moan? The ongoing list of complaining comments solve nothing and are just so tiresome to read. 

The coranavirus put a crimp in the entire world and it is not over yet. 

QVC cannot control shipping!  

The entire country is short staffed workers!!

I ordered checks from my bank and they sat for a month--and the company was using DHL!  

QVC has many advance orders, so get used to it.  That is the way they have to operate to keep up with supply and demand and shipping problems.  I say a hundred times, there is nothing on QVC one needs for survival.  If you need it today, go to a brick and mortar store to shop.

I am just happy when my items finally arrive.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling   I just re-read you post and you are very mistaken.  That advice I gave the poster to google recipes suitable for shipping was perfectly correct.  There is a science to preparing and shipping food.  Unless you want crumbles, you don't use ordinary recipes.  There also was information on how to pack the food.  The poster was very rude and continues to be so.  Oh, and I studied home economics at Drexel University.  Lots of food science. 

Go to the TSV Forum and read the review I gave on the Fire Tablet and let me know what's objectionable about that since you made an accusation.