Super Contributor

Re: Seems like QVC has given up…

I don’t remember when QVC went corporate and international but things have changed a lot since when it was a smaller company that actually tried to give good service. Bigger is not always better when it comes to serving the public. There may be more cash flow but there is so much more red tape that it is difficult to make things work.
Less than 10 years ago some things were still made in this country. Now almost everything is made on the other side of the world in countries where there are no labor laws and zero environmental regulations. Corporations that prefer working with totalitarian regimes rather than manufacturing in countries where they would have to pay good wages and provide decent working conditions are not the kind of people who care that much about customer service. Most of the corporate world is all about the bottom line.
Just about everything in this country has changed. Even when you buy from some of the best stores (which are hard to find these days) you get inferior products made in those other countries.
My grandmother used to work in a place that made ladies lingerie. They had company representatives coming into the factory whenever there was a problem with an item not turning out right. Companies cared about putting out a good product back then. When something is manufactured on the other side of the world there is little control over what is happening with the product. That is probably why you can get three of the exact same clothing item and have them measure three different sizes.
There is NO quality control at the factory. When the product comes into the warehouse it is never checked before it is shipped out. Now with a “pandemic” I think that they have lost it completely.
The shipping companies are working and yet the warehouses that QVC has are not running properly. My own experience is that my items did not ship for over two weeks. I called CS and was told that they could not cancel the order but would send an email to the warehouse. The same warehouse that could not get my items out for over two weeks!! What do I find out two days later? They shipped those items out the same day that I requested that they cancel my order!! I don’t know what kind of nonsense they are playing around with at the QVC warehouse but I am not playing their game anymore.
Honored Contributor

@ellietoo  I don’t blame you. I would shop elsewhere. Many places to choose from.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@carlycat    You need to read a newspaper, watch the news on TV and try to comprehend what's going on in the REAL WORLD with ALL retailers. 

@Kachina624 

YES exactly! This is not a QVC problem.

Edited to add:  I heard on the news yesterday that the LA port used to have a ship or two waiting & might have to wait a day or so to dock.  There are now over 70 ships waiting to dock, so go figure.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.