Respected Contributor

Re: QVC return labels

[ Edited ]

Just out of curiosity (I don't have a return) I just checked my order page to see the notice. No way would I have noticed that. QVC splashes the sweepstakes clear across the homepage but this they type in small print.

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66wrote:

@shaggygirl Oh!  Yes!  That "the label's in the mail" thing!

Been there...done that!  It takes forever to get THEIR label they're sending me.  I know, several times I've waited and waited for the label.

I've found it isn't worth wondering where the label is!  This has happened when they've sent me things erroneously or if their return label had a problem (not  clear numbers, etc).

I think only once did I ever receive the label, even then it took at least 2 weeks.

Oh no!  I went to the PO to mail back an item for an exchange (need a different size, again).  They said they couldn't read the label.  I called customer service.  I had to ask them to mail a label because my printer isn't working.  I hope it comes before I leave for vacation.  This stinks.  Wonder if I should just have them email the return label to my office and print it there?  I hate doing that (don't like mixing personal with business), but I want to get the return label before two weeks.  Ugh.

Valued Contributor

@shaggygirlwrote:

If you go to your account you'll see a post from QVC saying there was an error on the return labels for purchases between 2/1 and 2/11 and that if you need to return something you should print a new label from your order status page. It's been mentioned a few times here on the board.

I don't see any message posted on my account.  And the item I tried to return was something I ordered after 2/11, so there still is a problem, and they aren't informing people of it until after you make a trip to the PO and call customer service.

Valued Contributor

@Alice-QVCwrote:

Hi Everyone, @shaggygirl is correct. It is better to print a label from the website or have one emailed to you for any purchases between 2/1 and 2/11

Alice, you better check that.  There's no message on the website, and the error is not limited to items purchased between 2/1 and 2/11.  I tried returning an item I ordered on 2/14/18.  It had an incorrect label too, so the problem is continuing.

Belle

Esteemed Contributor

@Belle_Femmewrote:

@shaggygirlwrote:

If you go to your account you'll see a post from QVC saying there was an error on the return labels for purchases between 2/1 and 2/11 and that if you need to return something you should print a new label from your order status page. It's been mentioned a few times here on the board.

I don't see any message posted on my account.  And the item I tried to return was something I ordered after 2/11, so there still is a problem, and they aren't informing people of it until after you make a trip to the PO and call customer service.

Just read your post so went and looked at my account. The notice is no longer there.

Honored Contributor

@Belle_Femme Well at least you have a record that you called.

After 2 or 3 times (in the past) when they've said they'd send it (and it took forever, if I got it at all) I just say, "No thanks" because, honestly it's usually clothing or not something REAL heavy.

Those rates the post office charge is unbelievable!  I really do mail a lot of 'stuff' to my girls (in Denver and Florida).  It's not like I'm sending things to Hawaii (as my friend does).

The rates to Hawaii are REALLY expensive!  She flips on Christmas.  She has relatives there.  I understand it isn't like...next door...but still!

Occasional Contributor

Do you know you are getting an extra charge when you use these labels.  You get charged the $6.95 or $8.95 plus what was charged for the original shipping out to you.  I called customer service and was told this is why my returns are less than they should be.  The woman told me the return label gets it to QVC, and the other shipping gets it to the correct place or warehouse (whatever?).  This is crazy!

Honored Contributor

@Lucytink everybody pays for the same thing.  The original shipping is deducted from all returns.  The return charge is only deducted if you use the prepaid label.  If you don't use the prepaid label, you pay the postage charge upfront versus having it deducted.

Respected Contributor

It happened to me 2 different times at my local post office when returning a QVC package.  The code wouldn't scan property so therefore, I wasn't able to receive a ''receipt'' for me returning my package.  Hummm.....hummmm.....hummmmm...

Valued Contributor

@shaggygirlwrote:

You're right. Thanks for the reminder.