Esteemed Contributor

Re: How is this right or fair?

@RespectLife wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Ainhisg  The mistake was @bayflwc received an item she didn't order. A second mistake was when QVC didn't make her whole for their mistake. I find this unacceptable.

My advice is always to use a trusted credit card company that has your back when these issue arise. My recommendation is Discover who has come to my assistance many times over the years. An added bonus is the perks they offer--every quarter giving it's customers a % off their purchases. This quarter it is 5% off groceries at any store.

Absolutely NO need to contact a credit card company over it when QVC will quickly and easily correct the error.

Opening a dispute with a Credit Card company over $6 is foolish and a bigger waste of time.

One email or one phone call will get the credit.

@RespectLife 

You can fight your battles the way in which you choose and I will do the same.

To all who will defend QVC to the bitter end, well, there is no wonder the status quo remains. A little $20 gift card would be a nice gesture of goodwill for this kind of error. Or is it so commonplace it might break the bank? Haha!

Honored Contributor

Nothing is done around here to make it better for the customer.  This has gone on a long time.  They are fine with customers having to troubleshoot, make corrections, and put up with this level of service and competence. 

Just call customer service.  Look at this website and see how many times this advice is given.  It is taken as common place and an acceptable solution now.   Oh customer service is great they'll fix it.  How come it has to be fixed to begin with?  

Regular Contributor

@Susan-QVC  - Thank you for making the adjustment for the shipping on this item.

To all that responded, on both sides of the issue -

In the 30 years I have been  a customer I never had the problems with the items I have purchased until the last 5 years or so.  The last time I was charged shipping on a return that was also QVC's fault I let it slide and just ate it.

This time it was more a matter a principle than the money.  It states right on the return portion of the slip that you send back with the merchandise that if the error is QVC's, they will not deduct for return shipping.

Other posters who are also long time customers have also seen a decline in the Quality that used to be a big part of why we shop with QVC in the first place, and have posted about it.  There was a time when I would routinely get items that had "QVC Quality Checked" notices enclosed - even on As Is items.  It just doesn't seem like there is any due diligence anymore to maintain any kind of good standard.  I'm just not getting Quality, Value and Convenience anymore.

Customer Service has always treated me well, the few times I have had to call them.  I have no issue with their service.  It just saddens me how much QVC the company has declined, because I always have been a big supporter of them.

Regular Contributor

@Sooner- Thank you.  You get my point.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@bayflwc If you complain about anything QVC here a lot of folks jump to blame you.  After more than 30 years as a buyer, I can truthfully say it's not us, it's them.  Especially in the last year.

Why buy from a company you have to expect issues, watch like a hawk and struggle to right the wrongs?  There are lots of great retailers today.  QVC acts like you are buying from a dotty relative and should just grin and take it.  Not for me.  

@Sooner 

You are absolutely correct, but how does anyone get customers who make excuses for and defend QVC's behavior to see it is not good business practice.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bayflwc wrote:

@Ainhisg  - my point is I should not have to spend the time to call them to fix it.  It was well documented on the return slip.  I already spent far too much of my time dealing with their mistake.

And I would bet that somebody else is going to get that same wearable throw instead of the pants they ordered.  They probably scanned the item and put it right back into stock, without correcting the label.

Any money I would have saved by purchasing As Is was depleted by having to return the item - packaging, taking to the Post Office, etc..

It is stuff like this that is costing QVC customers and lost sales.

I'm glad to see that QVC customer service issued you a refund. I'm sorry this happened to you and think you have made a good decision to cut back on your purchases from the Q.

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

It seems to me that when a return is made they automatically deduct the shipping from the credit.  I don't believe it's a mistake.  It happens too often.  I've always attached a note to the return slip or written an explanation on the return slip but it doesn't seem to matter.  And yes if you call CS they'll adjust the credit amount.  But you shouldn't have to do this every time.  

@FranandZoe 

I don't know how many returns can be processed by one employee in an hour, but I bet they are encouraged to handle returns as quickly as possible.

I also suspect that QVC's software is automated to deduct the shipping regardless of what the customer writes on the return slip.

Unfortunately, not everyone catches the incorrect return charges.   They should fix this.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz 

LOL  too funny!

It has nothing to do w/ defending QVC to the bitter end!    LOL

It is as simple as a phone call to correct an error.  

Disputes with credit cards take phone calls, documentation  and TIME!

Why on earth would anyone waste their time when a single call to an 800 number gives you the credit? (or a quick email to the Mods)

It absolutely should NOT happen!  We should NOT have to dog our refunds!!!

But to me, the simple resolution is to get a correction the fastest way....be done with it!

If this is the straw that breaks the camel's back to a customer, then so be it.  

I pick an choose to shop with a company based on their customer service.

Amazon never delivered my order....over 2 wks now.  Takes an act of congress to speak to a live person that barely speaks English.

I was told I would be credited immediately.  Now my order says I have to wait til AFTER the 18th before I can get refunded.

Is THAT good Customer Service? 

At QVC, I would have had a credit immediately and the order Re-shipped at once, with ONE email or call.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@magicmoodz 

LOL  too funny!

It has nothing to do w/ defending QVC to the bitter end!    LOL

It is as simple as a phone call to correct an error.  

Disputes with credit cards take phone calls, documentation  and TIME!

Why on earth would anyone waste their time when a single call to an 800 number gives you the credit? (or a quick email to the Mods)

It absolutely should NOT happen!  We should NOT have to dog our refunds!!!

But to me, the simple resolution is to get a correction the fastest way....be done with it!

If this is the straw that breaks the camel's back to a customer, then so be it.  

I pick an choose to shop with a company based on their customer service.

Amazon never delivered my order....over 2 wks now.  Takes an act of congress to speak to a live person that barely speaks English.

I was told I would be credited immediately.  Now my order says I have to wait til AFTER the 18th before I can get refunded.

Is THAT good Customer Service? 

At QVC, I would have had a credit immediately and the order Re-shipped at once, with ONE email or call.

@RespectLife 

I bet every single person reading these comments has had that experience!  

Contributor

This is a bit of an overreaction!  Just email or call and it will be fixed.  Mistakes happen.  QVC has excellent customer service!