Esteemed Contributor

Just sent  back an item to be exchanged . I went on line and completed the  QVC process   stating it was for Exchange  - providing new  size & color.  I  have checked each day and the item size & color have been in stock . However, to my surprise , I see  that a Refund minus the return shipping was refunded . Guess , if I  had been looking  for a refund  , it was processed fast    but I  wanted an Exchange . I did contact QVC  returns and  QVC Social team . No resolve as yet .

Has this happened recently to anyone else ?

This was a problem  last yr where other customers were stating that Most things they sent as exchange were refunded  minus the return shipping fee. It happened to me to last yr.  I am not happy that if I really want the item that I have to reorder on my own and pay the shipping a 3rd time  since they have a big problem with processing exchanges . QVC Hosts are not being truthful with advertising " easy exchanges " .

Valued Contributor

Re: Exchanges - Any problems ?

@skatting44 This has happened to me say 6 out of 7 tines I've attempted an exchange. I wrote mine on the return paperwork, the items were in stock & it was still credited. 

I've given up on exchanges. It's a farce. The returns people obviously just don't want to be bothered with them & are losing QVC lots of business. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, I also had a problem with a barefoot dreams exchange.  I not only wrote the exchange on the return, but also did the "start a return here" on this website.

I never was able to get the sweater because it was sold out in the size/color I needed (it wasn't at the time I mailed back the package). I had to call CS two different times to get credit for the return fee.

It all worked out, but it wasn't as easy as it could have been. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, the last two times I asked for exchanges I got refunds instead. Will not attempt this again.

Esteemed Contributor

@AZfem 

QVC must be raking in the dollars in  return shipping fees on items that were marked as for Exchange .

They don't return tax either on returns  as other online companies do , so what's up with their business practices.

Valued Contributor

When I've asked for price adjustments or done returns through email to Social Team, I always say "including tax". Otherwise they don't do it. 

Honored Contributor

@AZfem 

Oh! Interesting! I will need to do this in the future!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

Hi @LTT1 !  This is most applicable to price adjustments but it doesn't hurt to mention it in any situation. 

Valued Contributor

.I haven't had any problems with Exchanges. I write EXCHANGE on the front and back of the package and this seems to get their attention.

Esteemed Contributor

For exchanges I would call first and hope you would get a CS rep who would send the correct item out and give you a certain amount of time to send the return item back or you would be charged.

I've had this done both here and HSN.