Does the @ function no longer work?

???

Honored Contributor

Re: Does the @ function no longer work?

Honored Contributor

sparklestar wrote:

???

@sparklestar,  It depends on which device/browser you're using.   It's working for some, not for others.   One of the many technical failures on this website which began a couple of days ago and according to the @Community_Team  thread at the top of this "Customer Care" forum none of these problems will be addressed until early in the coming week.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Their message (which unfortunately few posters have seen, since it's only available here in or at the top of the "Customer Care" forum):

Thread title:  "Function issues in the forums"

posted:  05-20-2016 04:49 PM

Community_Team wrote:

Hello Everyone,

We are aware of the issues in the forums today and are taking the necessary steps to resolve them. However, we do not think the issues will be resolved until early next week. We certainly appreciate you alerting us to these issues and thank you for your patience while we work to get them resolved as quickly as possible.

-QVC Community Team

thread link:  http://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Function-issues-in-the-forums/m-p/2802192

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Their message (which unfortunately few posters have seen, since it's only available here in or at the top of the "Customer Care" forum):

Thread title:  "Function issues in the forums"

posted:  05-20-2016 04:49 PM

@Community_Team wrote:

Hello Everyone,

We are aware of the issues in the forums today and are taking the necessary steps to resolve them. However, we do not think the issues will be resolved until early next week. We certainly appreciate you alerting us to these issues and thank you for your patience while we work to get them resolved as quickly as possible.

-QVC Community Team

thread link:  http://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Function-issues-in-the-forums/m-p/2802192

Thank you for that information.

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar  The @ doesn't work when I use IE but does work on Foxfire. I don't know why that happens.  Maybe they will get everything going this week.

Esteemed Contributor

Great to know. So, it not just me. I have no problem with the @...just the freeze and no spell check. I've been pretty good a t spelling, so I just type and take it as a grain of salt, not being able to scroll bACK to check what I've written. I do have a lot of JUMPING so it does go to another page. Must tell @Tique, than she'll understand. Desktop is doing better, it's the new tablet that could give you frustration. When that happens, I just close off. I do not put up with something out of my control. 

Hope every one is understanding THIS glitch _one more time_, as usual.

oops, I spoke too soon, now the desktop will not scroll back to reread.

THUMBS UP TO ALL~Woman Surprised=NO!!!!!!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NAES

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar  Works for me on a Samsung pad.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@sparklestar  Apparently not since this past Friday when many here griped about it not working for them as well me - oh and it still isnt' working for me.  I typed the '@' symbol the had to type out your name. 

Not at all sure who in the tekkie world of QVC is working on correcting this, getting it back for us, quit fooling with whatever they've fooled with.  I've been writing the Mods here about this still not working for me, for a minute I thought it was me, that I was the only one but I'm glad to know it IS NOT me.

And oh by the way, you may also find that the you get a (blue I think) 'thumbs up' when you 'heart' someone.  This also still isn't fixed for me.

So yeah, good luck with these on-going problems since Friday. 

You can '@' someone but you also have to type out their name.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also DO NOT for a NY minute think it has anything to do with what browser some of us are using.  Pretty sure some of us changed browsers all of a sudden at the same time on Friday.  I know I didn't.  And what about those that this function didn't work, and then it did or now all of a sudden it started working for them again.  DId they all change their borwser to 'make' it work?  Betting not.

This problem is not us.  Somewhere along the tekkie line here at the Q someone HERE has done something, changed something that does not jive with the rest of us. 

Someone yesterday also wrote me and asked what browser I use.  She said google chrome is better and works for her so I downloaded chrome and tried that myself - WRONG.  That doesn't work either. 

Some tekkie at the Q needs to figure this out.  It's freaking annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!