Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does the @ function no longer work?

@lucymo,   Robot surprised YES!   I do understand, Thank you.........

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar

the @ feature is working for me on a laptop using the firefox browser.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sparklestar

now testing it out on my microsoft edge browser with windows 10 and that seems to be working fine also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I also DO NOT for a NY minute think it has anything to do with what browser some of us are using.  Pretty sure some of us changed browsers all of a sudden at the same time on Friday.  I know I didn't.  And what about those that this function didn't work, and then it did or now all of a sudden it started working for them again.  DId they all change their borwser to 'make' it work?  Betting not.

This problem is not us.  Somewhere along the tekkie line here at the Q someone HERE has done something, changed something that does not jive with the rest of us. 

Someone yesterday also wrote me and asked what browser I use.  She said google chrome is better and works for her so I downloaded chrome and tried that myself - WRONG.  That doesn't work either. 

Some tekkie at the Q needs to figure this out.  It's freaking annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does it have to do with what browser or device we're using?  Yes and no.    The problem lies with the QVC website and the way it is interacting with certain browsers or operating systems, or settings.  

Something they changed a few days ago started a series of problems, including some tablets or smart phones not being able to edit their posts or use the formatting features, some threads display an error message in red when we try to open it (other than to view the very last page), for some people the "@" notifications don't work properly, the list goes on.

So the advice to try a different device or different browser can help temporarily, for some of us...  but the problems all reside with the QVC site and the way it's interacting.   It's not playing nicely with everyone right now.  And unfortunately we're supposed to limp along with all the problems here until the weekdays arrive, when the tech support shows up to try and fix this mess.   (Note:  this isn't the moderators' fault...  they've passed along all the reports to the tech staff.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Sunshine45 wrote:

@sparklestar

the @ feature is working for me on a laptop using the firefox browser.

The "@" feature works fine for me, on my iMac desktop with either Firefox or Chrome.

(iMac desktop v. OS X 10.11.5 with Firefox v. 46.0.1 and Chrome v. 50.0.2661.102)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sparklestar

i am now on a laptop using IE......the dropdown menu does NOT appear when i try to @ you, but i am able to manually add your name for notification.

so......works with firefox and edge, doesnt work with IE......havent tried chrome yet. lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sunshine45 wrote:

@sparklestar

i am now on a laptop using IE......the dropdown menu does NOT appear when i try to @ you, but i am able to manually add your name for notification.

so......works with firefox and edge, doesnt work with IE......havent tried chrome yet. lol

@dooBdoo

interesting i do NOT see the thumbs up feature while i am on IE....just the hearts.

@sunshine45,  That's basically because IE is one of the worst browsers to use on the QVC website.    Microsoft is phasing it out, to replace it with Edge, so they're dedicating almost no support to IE.    If problems are happening here, even when the Q site is working fairly well, you can usually bet the problems are with IE (or the desktop/laptop version of Safari).   I think the website needs to admit they're not compatible with either of those.

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

???

@sparklestar

@the dropdown menu and the @ symbol are working with the chrome browser on a laptop. the only thing i have not tried are my samsunb phone and my android tablet.

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@sparklestar  Apparently not since this past Friday when many here griped about it not working for them as well me - oh and it still isnt' working for me.  I typed the '@' symbol the had to type out your name. 

Not at all sure who in the tekkie world of QVC is working on correcting this, getting it back for us, quit fooling with whatever they've fooled with.  I've been writing the Mods here about this still not working for me, for a minute I thought it was me, that I was the only one but I'm glad to know it IS NOT me.

And oh by the way, you may also find that the you get a (blue I think) 'thumbs up' when you 'heart' someone.  This also still isn't fixed for me.

So yeah, good luck with these on-going problems since Friday. 

You can '@' someone but you also have to type out their name.

Sounds like they need some professional help.  Too bad they didn't have lifetime technical support number to call (LOL).

QVC Customer Care

@PINKdogWOOD

The problem with the @ command is not specific to the browser. We have reported this and working on getting it resolved. Beth QVC