Respected Contributor

Re: zulily deal on sheets

[ Edited ]

I ordered similar Egyptian cotton sheets from Zulily months ago for a spare bedroom we have and they were original price of $300 or something and I bought the complete set for $50. I expected them to be better quality as they are soft but thin! I will never buy again sheets from them. Got to have a return policy for me to buy again.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Just to make this more confussing, the textile organic sheets on zulily, are good, i bought two sets from homegoods last year, they have habatit, on the outside pkg.You can look up the company.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I have heard/read a number of great reviews about this retailer.   

I just wish they would let you look without having to sign up.   I would have no problem signing up in the event that I decided to buy something.    It just leaves a bad taste when you HAVE to sign up just to look.  It makes me wonder for what all purposes they are using my personal information.

Maybe one day I'll decide to do that to look.  I wonder if you can just put in a fake email address to look, then correct it when you decide to buy.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It doesn't hurt to sign up, anytime you buy anything over the Internet,your taking a chance.

Honored Contributor

goldensrbest wrote:

It doesn't hurt to sign up, anytime you buy anything over the Internet,your taking a chance.

Hi Goldens!  Smiley Happy   Oh, I know.  I understand that totally.  I guess it's just the having to sign up just to look is what gets in my craw.   I don't expect everybody to feel like I do.  Just one of my quirks, I guess.  Smiley Happy0

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of these discount sites way overinflate their retail value.  Of course if they are selling a know brand like they sometimes do, they know what the retail value is. But some of these brands that are only sold on a discount site, they prices are crazy inflated.

There is a site called Chiloxi that used to be called Nomorerack.  I ordered from them a few times.  I ordered a pair of earrings that had a supposed $400+ retail value.  I knew that was nuts but they were cheap so I ordered them.  They were laughable when I opened the package.  the value was more like $4.00!  I promptly threw them in the trash. 

One of the items I ordered from them was a 2 piece dogfood container on wheels.  It arrived cracked so I was able to return it. They didn't have anymore so they just refunded my money.  About a week later, I found the same item at Bed, Bathh & Beyond for $5.00 cheaper.  LOL

You realy, really have to watch the clothing because the sizing is off a lot of times. I really think the clothing is junior sized.       

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I think a lot of these discount sites way overinflate their retail value.  Of course if they are selling a know brand like they sometimes do, they know what the retail value is. But some of these brands that are only sold on a discount site, they prices are crazy inflated.

There is a site called Chiloxi that used to be called Nomorerack.  I ordered from them a few times.  I ordered a pair of earrings that had a supposed $400+ retail value.  I knew that was nuts but they were cheap so I ordered them.  They were laughable when I opened the package.  the value was more like $4.00!  I promptly threw them in the trash. 

One of the items I ordered from them was a 2 piece dogfood container on wheels.  It arrived cracked so I was able to return it. They didn't have anymore so they just refunded my money.  About a week later, I found the same item at Bed, Bathh & Beyond for $5.00 cheaper.  LOL

You realy, really have to watch the clothing because the sizing is off a lot of times. I really think the clothing is junior sized.       

They lie about retail price, so many do that.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

They lie about retail price, so many do that.

Exactly.  Even unnamed gigantic shopping channels that have chat boards.  Know who I mean????    Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Egyptian sheets, last day $39.00 any size.

They've had this sale on and off for a few months.  I've purchased a few sets of these as during the summer we have a lot of guests.  I was not expecting much for the price. ($39 for a king set is a bargain)  They are not bad.  They do not wrinkle in the dryer. If I get a few months out of them, I'll be happy.

Today I received a package from Zulily with 3 sweater mini dresses.  I did not order them.  What a go round with CS.  I did finally get a return label from them.

Earlier in the month I order 4 plaid cashmere scarves.  They arrived last week.  I did not have time to examine and put them aside.  The next day I received an email saying the scarves didn't meet their standards. (my bet is they are not cashmere)  They told me to keep the scarves and gave me a $10 bonus credit.

Trusted Contributor

I made the mistake of falling for the "Hotel Quality" sheet set. What a disappointment. So thin you could see your hand through it, stitched poorly, just a bad investment overall.

dee