Super Contributor

Has anybody been to Wells Fargo  online home page recently .Well I did last wk and they had a sign saying 'What would you do if you found $500 ' Spend it , save it .No mention of hand it in to the police .

I called them and they said I was correct and it was not on line that day .

But this weekend it is back up there again .

Am I missing the point . Does this not send a bad message out to all the customers out there ?

Trusted Contributor

It may be they don't want to say that word, for fear of backlash??  IMO . Sad.

Honored Contributor

@Liverbird1 wrote:

Has anybody been to Wells Fargo  online home page recently .Well I did last wk and they had a sign saying 'What would you do if you found $500 ' Spend it , save it .No mention of hand it in to the police .

I called them and they said I was correct and it was not on line that day .

But this weekend it is back up there again .

Am I missing the point . Does this not send a bad message out to all the customers out there ?

Wells Fargo provides financial services and my take on it is they didn't mean it that way, as found in the street or where ever.

Honored Contributor

I saw that ad and never took it literally -  I thought they meant you found $500 in your own money and now had to make a decision.  I still think that's what they meant, but I do see OP's point. I've never found that much, but I did find $63 earlier this week -  in my own house, somewhere it never should have been.  I almost threw it away!

If it weren't my own $500, I'd be looking for an owner, too.

Esteemed Contributor

Wells Fargo is a terrible bank.  I would not give them 2 cents.

Honored Contributor

On the aubject of "terrible bank" does anyone, ANYONE have a bank that they really LIKE?

Thirty years ago, I could pull up to the drive-up window and cash a check in 5 minutes.

NOW, it never takes less than 20, along with my pin, my debit card and my driver's license.

People come to "greet" me, offer me special services, all such nonsense, when all I want is to cash a lousy $40 check. LEAVE ME ALONE (and cash it!)

Honored Contributor

I use a local credit union -  they are efficient and pleasant whether I use the drive-up or walk inside.

Except for getting a mortgage many years ago, I don't believe I've ever spent anywhere near 20 minutes in a bank.  Once in a while, there's a back-up to see the specialty desks, but almost never to see a teller.

Honored Contributor

I agree with others, it would be your found money.  Like you got a check you weren't expecting or something like that.  Not that you found somebody's lost money.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I use a local credit union -  they are efficient and pleasant whether I use the drive-up or walk inside.

Except for getting a mortgage many years ago, I don't believe I've ever spent anywhere near 20 minutes in a bank.  Once in a while, there's a back-up to see the specialty desks, but almost never to see a teller.

Ugghhhh I'm SO JEALOUS!

Esteemed Contributor

What would I do if I found $500.00?  My first thought would be that it belongs to someone else who might be anxious about the loss.  

Depending on where I found it, I would had it over to someone responsible.  Police, Hotel Manager,, etc.

I have received more money than I should have at banks and I returned the difference.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow