Respected Contributor

As someone else mentioned they did not mean that literally.  That you as a customer would find $500 while shopping or going to the movies, etc and then pocketing it. 

Unbelievable but very funny actually.Smiley Very HappySmiley LOL  Thanks for the laugh!

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

On the aubject of "terrible bank" does anyone, ANYONE have a bank that they really LIKE?

Thirty years ago, I could pull up to the drive-up window and cash a check in 5 minutes.

NOW, it never takes less than 20, along with my pin, my debit card and my driver's license.

People come to "greet" me, offer me special services, all such nonsense, when all I want is to cash a lousy $40 check. LEAVE ME ALONE (and cash it!)

@violann -- I know EXACTLY what you mean.......and I have been a customer of the same bank "brand" for 46 years.     They have accused me of everything......having a "fake" driver license and fake passport (yes, I take it with me because they have accused me of not being a citizen)......forging my own pension check......and more "etc's" than I can list.    I DREAD going there......but I need a local bank so I can write a check to the vet, dentist, and so on........................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I have been with Wells Fargo at least 30 years, maybe more, and have never had a single problem with them in any way.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

same here! Have been a WF customer for 24 years and have never come close to having a problem!!

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

On the aubject of "terrible bank" does anyone, ANYONE have a bank that they really LIKE?

Thirty years ago, I could pull up to the drive-up window and cash a check in 5 minutes.

NOW, it never takes less than 20, along with my pin, my debit card and my driver's license.

People come to "greet" me, offer me special services, all such nonsense, when all I want is to cash a lousy $40 check. LEAVE ME ALONE (and cash it!)

No, I haven't found a bank I like.  I have accounts at a few different ones and they all have their pluses and minuses.

I made a deposit for my daughter last week, at her bank, B of A, and was surprised that this branch didn't open until 10 am.  So I had to stand outside and wait....got inside and thought I was making a quick cash deposit into her account.  And they wanted to see my ID!  

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I have been with Wells Fargo at least 30 years, maybe more, and have never had a single problem with them in any way.

Me, too. We like the people in our local branch, and they are always helpful and pleasant to deal with. Probably depends on your locale.

Honored Contributor

I read the OP and it never occured to me that it was literal..... as in actually finding $500 in the parking lot or sidewalk ... more like finding an extra $500 in your budget you didn't think you had..... and what would you do with it?

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*