Honored Contributor

Thanks for the funny.. OP should write for the soaps.

Esteemed Contributor

A Gulf Coast-led initiative that offers free swimming lessons to every second-grader in Sarasota County public schools helped students “significantly” improve their water-safety skills, according to an evaluation during the 2015-16 school year.

Through Kids SWIM, second-grade classes are able to participate in a week’s worth of free water-safety lessons during the school year. The lessons are led by certified aquatics instructors and offered at several area pools, to and from which transportation is provided. 

The school district, for example, provides the time to promote and coordinate the program, while community partners provide the operational cost of their facilities. Philanthropic funding from Gulf Coast—primarily through gifts from Keith and Linda Monda—pays for transportation and instructor time. 

https://www.gulfcoastcf.org/news/kids-swim-helps-local-students-boost-swimming-skills

Honored Contributor

So the op is right. Second graders leave school for a local pool. I guess if they don't learn to swim in a week they are held back? Do the certified instructors wear thongs?

I guess I am out of the loop, but I would need to be there if I had a second grader receiving swim lessons. We grew up on the water so Mom made sure all of us could swim. She did the teaching.

Valued Contributor

I’ve been looking for elementary schools in the OP’s town that requires swimming to pass second grade.   I haven’t found any such requirement.   Lol

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I predict that next, the water aerobics class will be overtaken with dogs in the pool.   

Dogs in thongs!!!

QVC Customer Care

Closed for commenting.