Honored Contributor

Building full of Lawyers no Dr.'s, but I see your point.  I do know of two cases in our building one way back in late March the other we were just informed about yesterday. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Right now I'm in NY and haven't been in any public places where masks are not required.  For me, that's good.

Until I feel that somehow the spread of this virus is under control, I'm pretty much committed to self-quarantining. And for me, that means money I used to spend for travel, entertainment, clothes, jewelry, restaurants, etc. is largely staying home with me.

I'm not alone apparently.  Read an article this AM that said even the billionaires at the top of the 1%er's have cut their disposible spending in a huge way which could have effects on the economy for years.   

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Fifty countries are currently mandating masks. I wonder what makes some people in this country think they're so special. Unless you can't wear one for medical reasons.

@Greeneyedlady21 

Our men and women in uniform fought and died so that Americans didn't have to wear masks during a Pandemic.

@QueenDanceALot   You cannot be serious.

@Cakers3 

Me?  Not serious?

(You have read that the argument many make for not wearing a mask is that they are FREE, haven't you?)

@QueenDanceALot   You are way out of line with your comment. 

I'm going to step away and let you think about why bringing in service in the military equates to a freedom not to wear a mask.

And don't bother responding to me; I won't read it or engage.

@Cakers3 

I don't care if you read my response or not.

My comment was totally in line.  I don't need you to tell me what I need to think about.

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Fifty countries are currently mandating masks. I wonder what makes some people in this country think they're so special. Unless you can't wear one for medical reasons.

@Greeneyedlady21 

Our men and women in uniform fought and died so that Americans didn't have to wear masks during a Pandemic.

Baloney. That's like saying they fought and died so that Americans didn't have to wear seatbelts!  They didn't fight and die so that Americans could do whatever they want in all cases. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@NEvans2 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  I don't understand what one has to do with the other.

@NEvans2 

I will try to make this simple.

Our men and women in uniform have died to preserve freedom.

Many who refuse to wear masks do so while saying (yelling, in some instances) that they are free, that being American means they are free.

My comment was sarcastic, something I rarely am

Cat LOL

@QueenDanceALot 

Sorry I missed your sarcasm earlier.  (Sarcasm doesn't always come across in print.)

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

The military is not monolithic. Individuals have personal opinions. I did not spend 4 years in the Air Force so you can claim you know our purpose.

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

The military is not monolithic. Individuals have personal opinions. I did not spend 4 years in the Air Force so you can claim you know our purpose.

@traveler 

As you say, individuals have personal opinions.  

And mine is that our men and women in uniform (and I've lived with 2 of them) did not bravely put their lives on the line so that self-involved dimwits could scream that they don't have to wear masks because they live in a free country.

One of my military friends and I had a discussion about this just last week.  He agreed with me that all these ""I won't wear a mask" individuals really shouldn't be hijacking a very precious tenet of our country for their own convenience.

But you or anyone else is entitled to think differently.  I just don't need anyone telling me that I need to go sit in a corner and think about what I've said.

Honored Contributor

Yes and this free country allows citizens to call other citizens "dimwits."

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Another mask update discussion......Please put "Mask Bashing" in title so people can avoid.

You have the option of not reading further when you see it's about masks.  This is a forum and any post can be made.  You don't have to like it but you can quickly back out of the post if you don't like it.  

Concerns about people not wearing masks tell me the poster can think and might actually be listening to medical and epidemiology experts instead of untrained and selfish people.

@CalminHeart   You are assuming that posters who are not in line with all the threads about masks are not thinkers and do not listen to the experts. 

You are also assumng that posters are listening to untrained and selfish people, a phrase that has worn out its usefulness long ago.

You really took a leap here to denigrate posters who are not all in a twist over mask.

That is unkind and unfair.

And yes, DH and I ALWAYS wear fresh masks, distance, sanitize, wash hands, etc.  I don't need to constantly read about what I am supposed to do.

This "I saw another person without a mask at  (insert location)" is just talk for the sake of talking.

The main issue, however, is the freedom to post on any thread, whether one agrees or disagrees.

Let's please stop referring to posters as ignorant and selfish.

Thank you @Cakers3... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...