Esteemed Contributor

Computer glitches happen everywhere.  Calling in your order should not pose a problem, it works.  People are so tied to their computers.

Super Contributor

HSN was messed up too this morning. Streaming onsite was a loop of the same item and not what was being aired. 

Esteemed Contributor

I signed on to luxuriate in shopping my wish list, (and to watch David) because free shipping AND easy pay are two of my favorite things.😁 Hopefully, these issues will be addressed promptly, so I get ta' shoppin'.🤞😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Honored Contributor

There are problems with the app and the website. I tried ordering something earlier and couldn’t but an hour later I was able to. 

Not sure how much effort I’ll feel like making if I can’t access my Wishlist. Even using that on a good day is horrible. No videos included in the Wishlist anywhere & that means I have to look the item up to see a video - if there is one. I usually want to see videos one last time to be sure I want something.

I’m not interested in calling to order (not that I can even find the items since I can’t see my Wishlist). I always order through a cashback app - today it is ibotta with 7.5% back. Calling in would cost me money.

Honored Contributor

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/tech/internet-outage-cloudflare/index.html?fbclid=IwAR2xfWSwqDYn1FpkO...

Major internet outage: Dozens of websites and apps are down

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Computer glitches happen everywhere.  Calling in your order should not pose a problem, it works.  People are so tied to their computers.

@Biftu 

i dont know about the other retail sites, but topcashback has 10% cashback today for QVC. i think that is a big incentive to order online, especially when the order is large and there is free shipping.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

That a more rare than rare actual free shipping day should result in yet another colossal QVC website failure should surprise none of us... It's as predictable as the day is long. I think I suggested this would happen the other day when we were all guessing what the 'big surprise' would be... Clearly, the big surprise is NOT that the website, once again, couldn't handle it... And yes, if you happen to have memorized your wish list and want to attempt a phone order, well, have at it, but their supposed 'work around' isn't working for most of us... Most upsetting of all, they know to expect a website meltdown whenever they offer an actual customer incentive and do nothing about it... Of course, maybe if they had a free shipping event more than once in a blue moon, chaos wouldn't ensue every time they do...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/tech/internet-outage-cloudflare/index.html?fbclid=IwAR2xfWSwqDYn1FpkO...

Major internet outage: Dozens of websites and apps are down

Unless I misread this article, which is always possible, it appeared to say that services were restored by 11:15 AM ET... Clearly, service here has NOT been restored...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb 

i have been trying to get some work done this morning and i am still having issues with internet sites and with using a few apps.

this has been a worldwide issue today.

have no idea exactly who is back up and running.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45  Who knows... The internet is a strange and (to me) formerly wonderful thing... I can only say their site is up but with significantly limited functionality. Is that a function of a larger glitch or a glitch all of their own? Well, like I said, who knows...

Smiley Wink