Respected Contributor

Re: iCoffee single serve coffee maker

On 5/12/2015 willdob3 said:
On 5/11/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 5/10/2015 willdob3 said:

I got one! It is ready to brew the first cup in the morning.

I'm hoping 8 oz makes a decent cup. Those of you that have one - how many ounces do you use for the strength coffee you like?

I vary my brew strength based on the coffee or k-cup I'm using. I usually start my first time with a k-cup or ground coffee set to the 8 oz. Then, if necessary, I take it down in .5 ounce increments. The brew over ice options, I always brew lower than recommended to get the coffee taste I want even after the ice has melted.

I think that I will experiment with each different coffee, too.

I had 5 oz size today using French Vanilla flavored ground coffee & it was very good. Most flavored coffees are medium/light roast. 3 filled my mug for work.

I am very impressed by the smoothness of the coffee. It really is a noticeable improvement. My Keurig never made coffee this good.

So happy you're pleased with your purchase.

I love having so much control over the brew size. With the Keurig, too often 8 oz size was too weak, but 6 oz was too strong for my taste.

I do love the smoothness too and full flavor. That was the improvement the Vue had over the regular keurigs. My Vue was starting to have problems and I just couldn't go back to the standard Keurig. I was so happy to find the iCoffee.

Respected Contributor

Re: iCoffee single serve coffee maker

On 5/13/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 5/12/2015 willdob3 said:
On 5/11/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 5/10/2015 willdob3 said:

I got one! It is ready to brew the first cup in the morning.

I'm hoping 8 oz makes a decent cup. Those of you that have one - how many ounces do you use for the strength coffee you like?

I vary my brew strength based on the coffee or k-cup I'm using. I usually start my first time with a k-cup or ground coffee set to the 8 oz. Then, if necessary, I take it down in .5 ounce increments. The brew over ice options, I always brew lower than recommended to get the coffee taste I want even after the ice has melted.

I think that I will experiment with each different coffee, too.

I had 5 oz size today using French Vanilla flavored ground coffee & it was very good. Most flavored coffees are medium/light roast. 3 filled my mug for work.

I am very impressed by the smoothness of the coffee. It really is a noticeable improvement. My Keurig never made coffee this good.

So happy you're pleased with your purchase.

I love having so much control over the brew size. With the Keurig, too often 8 oz size was too weak, but 6 oz was too strong for my taste.

I do love the smoothness too and full flavor. That was the improvement the Vue had over the regular keurigs. My Vue was starting to have problems and I just couldn't go back to the standard Keurig. I was so happy to find the iCoffee.

When I want a strong brew, I either don't use flavored creamer and do my Keurig 10oz, or I use my Areopress which gives more of an espresso/European coffee that is strong, or I use my percolator, which I prefer to do in the winter since it does have a tendency to warm up the kitchen because it is an old/vintage porcelain one I got from Ebay and not a new fangled one.