Trusted Contributor

shop at thrift stores?

i do all the time and i have found many of the itmes on qvc are ending up in them

Honored Contributor

My mother loves thrift shops, and yes she finds a lot of Q items there.  Just like any other store items.  They all end up somewhere. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I haven't been in a thrift store in a while.  My sister found a set of Joy Mangano huggable hangers for $1.00 though!

Trusted Contributor

i have fun looking around in them.  you just never know what you will find.

Honored Contributor

I used to shop at my church's thrift store a lot but now I'm more of a donator, since I'm trying to purge my home of unnecessary stuff.

Frequent Contributor

I love to shop thrift shops. Have gotten many name brands and things with price tags still on the item.  No shame in doing this. Some of the wealthiest people I know shop there. Here in my city Tuesdays is usually the best day to shop.

Honored Contributor

I use to back when I was younger and wanted STUFF.  

NOW IN MY 60’s, I want to get rid of STUFF.  Now I rarely go to thrift stores other than to drop off a bag of donations.

Honored Contributor

I’m not a thrift store shopper at all. I’ve tried two different Goodwill stores.  Large ones in our area. I must have been there on bad days because they were filled with just crummy stuff and rack upon rack upon rack of black pants. I would never have the attention span to go through all those. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Another reformed shopper here, but if I need something I will try to thrift it first. This week I needed a small microwave but was unable to find one. Fortunately back to school sales at Target allowed me to find just what I wanted for a very good price.

I did score at a thrift store this week for a fabulous new-to-me mahogany dining table and a stand for my new TV, both for under $100.00.  I am moving to a smaller home this month and have sold some larger furniture items and replaced with smaller.

I love the treasure hunt. Looking to score a box of marble floor tiles for the small half bath, among other things.

Trusted Contributor

All the time.

I really enjoy finding older, well made clothing that is in good condition at thrift stores.

My particular favorite is finding at shirt with short sleeves that are the way short sleeves used to be made; not capped or a tiny bit of fabric posing as a short sleeve.

I really love the thrill of the hunt too.