Honored Contributor

Am thinking that the diet food companies that advertise on TV need to get some new advertisements....  If their food is so good, surely they can afford it.  Also think they need to get some new faces...like one to replace Marie Osmond and Jessie James Decker.....  The one with Marie Osmond doesn't look like her any more....

What do some of you think?   Please don't tell me I can change the channel.  I know all of that.  

Honored Contributor

@ShowMeI won't tell you to change the channel.  LOL

But I will say that all those diet foods just are not healthy.  No matter who is selling them.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@ShowMeI won't tell you to change the channel.  LOL

But I will say that all those diet foods just are not healthy.  No matter who is selling them.

@Cakers3.....Yep, I agree with you.  We would have no idea if any of those foods have a recall or what.....

Honored Contributor

I mentally tune those commercials out but Marie has definitely worn out her welcome.  I don’t recognize the other name.

After my kids were born, and I still looked suspiciously pregnant, I tried Jenny Craig and Nutrisystems to no avail.   I didn’t like the food or checking in with the program rep.

I was a WW’s dropout, too, back when liver was a requirement🤮

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I mentally tune those commercials out but Marie has definitely worn out her welcome.  I don’t recognize the other name.

After my kids were born, and I still looked suspiciously pregnant, I tried Jenny Craig and Nutrisystems to no avail.   I didn’t like the food or checking in with the program rep.

I was a WW’s dropout, too, back when liver was a requirement🤮

@tansy......The other name I mentioned is from South Beach diet.....

I did the WW thing back in the late 60's.....it was horrible back then.  Hated having to go every week and step on the scale.  But I do have to say I love liver that is browned and smothered in onions.....  When I worked at Dillard's and ate in the dining room for my main meal, I often ordered the liver and onion plate.  It was served with mashed potatoes and a small dinner salad.  That made a nice dinner.  I have heard that if  you soak fresh liver in milk, it does change the flavor of it....makes it more tolerable.....

Honored Contributor

Back off the liver, @ShowMe!  It will never pass my lips again.  🤣

Good to see you outside of Mr Lucky’s thread🙂

Super Contributor

I agree, Marie doesn't look like her self anymore.

However, I love Nutrisystem, but the key is you have to buy the top plan online that includes frozen food of your choice.  The shelf-stable meals (like they do for TSV) are simply horrible.  Several times a year Costco will sell NS giftcards for almost 1/2 off, $100 gc for $55.  It makes the top plan very affordable.  Food is great if you can get that plan.

Respected Contributor

Nutrisystem food equals sodium overload.

Honored Contributor

I  don't watch them.  I click to QVC or some other shopping channel during all commercial breaks.  You must really enjoy watching them.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Back off the liver, @ShowMe!  It will never pass my lips again.  🤣

Good to see you outside of Mr Lucky’s thread🙂

@tansy......Ok, no more liver talk......LOL

Oh sometimes i sneak away from the thread....you just probably don't see it when I do.  I haven't done any baseball threads or St. Patrick's Day threads because I just didn't have the energy to do that.  Maybe, just maybe, I might do a Rose of Tralee(?) thread this year....that is if the Q does it.  Not sure, all depends on how I'm feeling.