Honored Contributor

Re: anyone else watching True Detective?

@biancardi wrote:

I loved the first season and am pretty excited about the 2nd season- I really like Colin Farrell and I happen to like the LA film noir so far with the 1st epi.

As with all True Detective episodes, I have to rewatch it, because there are so many little details that I do not pick up on with one viewing. 

The plot line (so far) kinda reminds me of China Town, but that is just from one viewing - and I do think that might be just superficial.   I loved how all 3 of the emotionally wounded cops came together at the end to investigate the death.   Watching all 3 of them with different storylines, I was wondering how they were all going to "meet" up

I watched it last night on HBO and loved it!  I'm so happy they repeated the first episode.  I'm very intrigued as to where this storyline is going to go.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

My husband and I finally watched the first episode. We both like it a lot, however i am a bit confused by some of it. lol. But we will keep watching so I am sure it will all come out in the wash (as they say).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

I am pretty excited for tonight's episode!  How about you?  Also, did anyone catch The Brink afterwards? OMG.  Too funny. 

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

I am pretty excited for tonight's episode!  How about you?  Also, did anyone catch The Brink afterwards? OMG.  Too funny. 

Love both shows!  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads-up on The Brink. I'll probably watch TD tomorrow On Demand.
Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:
Thanks for the heads-up on The Brink. I'll probably watch TD tomorrow On Demand.

It is just so funny.  I couldn't help laughing out loud during some of the exchanges...

Tim Robbins is comedy gold.

Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
Respected Contributor

Hubby and I love TD. It's one of the few shows we watch together. I'm glad this season feels totally different than the last, so you're not really comparing the two. At least I wasn't. Smiley Happy Love Colin and Rachel. I'm not crazy about Taylor, but he seems to fit the part well. Vince is great in his role so far. We watched The Brink and didn't really like it. I *might* watch one more epi just to see, but I think DH is out on it. Has anyone seen The Killing of The Fall? If so, if I like TD, do you think I would like either of those. I also like Murder in the First. This season is pretty good so far. (Not trying to derail your thread, biancardi, just wanted to see if others that like TD might've seen the others and could offer some input. Hope you don't mind!)
Respected Contributor

I just finished watching it.  WTH?  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

Roughdraft, I know!!  Click on the spoiler for spoilers!

Spoiler
what happened? Did Ray get killed or is he just seriously wounded? The previews had one guy say something about one of his cops shot, but I hope he isn't dead - as Colin Farrell is so good in this role, plus his character seems to want to reform

Honored Contributor

I'm watching. I watched last season as well and really liked it.