Honored Contributor

Do you worry about becoming a terrorist victim?

I don't. I'm not sure why not, but I'm not afraid. I still think we are the safest county on earth. In this time of 24 hrs  a day news, things get so hyped all day long I think it frightens people.

If  I lived in other parts of the world, I might feel differently

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you worry about becoming a terrorist victim?

[ Edited ]

No, but I do worry that one of the drivers texting while they operate a moving vehicle will cause me permanent disfigurement or worse.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I don't. I'm not sure why not, but I'm not afraid. I still think we are the safest county on earth. In this time of 24 hrs  a day news, things get so hyped all day long I think it frightens people.

If  I lived in other parts of the world, I might feel differently

It is a very slim possibility.  The odds are higher of being killed by a family member or friend.

Honored Contributor

I worry about a lot of things. I'm a worrier and a "what if" person. But I don't worry about things like that. I just live my life. I'd never leave the house if I let everything worry me. And I don't want to live like that. So I don't.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

No.  If I had to worry about being a victim , I would never step outside my door.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

No! My protective friend is never beyond my reach and ready to act or react immediately. Nothing in life causes me to worry for my own safety.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

No. I don't worry about becoming a victim, but I do worry about more terrorist attacks here in the US.

I watched Frontline on PBS the other night and it was a story on the kidnapping of females and their children in Iran by ISIS. I think it was called "Escaping ISIS". IT was heartbreaking to hear the young womens experiences at the hands of those monsters. Some were able to escape but there are many more who aren't so lucky.

It reminded me how fortunate we are to live in this wonderful, safe country of ours.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, but I do think about the possibility of being a shooting victim, by any random shooter.  ETA: And since  I work in schools, and so many shootings have been in schools, it is something that is at the back of my mind.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Trusted Contributor

No more than I think about dying In a car accident each time I drive somewhere... Or being shot, or being robbed. I guess some things are always in the back of your mind, but you just move on with your day.
Esteemed Contributor

No, I don't worry about becoming a terrorist victim, however, I do worry about people driving while texting or talking on the phone. If I lived in fear of an attack, then the terrorists will have succeeded - I myself can't live like that.