Honored Contributor

Re: an interesting observation

People often look to others to see how to react in a situation they're unsure of. Not really hard to understand 

Honored Contributor

No one knows how they will react in a panic situation so dont judge others.  You only think you know what you would do.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never use to do this until recently but whenever I go inside a public building, I look around for the exits or places I could hide inside just in case something happened. Sad, isn't it?

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

This behavior is reinforced every time we fly.

The plane comes to a stop & everyone stands up...

even those in the back who have no chance of leaving until

the 100+ people before them...are standing.
Why?

So if there was an airplane emergency, that same reinforced

movement will play out....and that's something I think about 

every time I fly.  Scary. 

@sidsmom   I stand up because my leg is killing me (I have a bad right knee) and it feels good to stand!  I'm sure by the look in the faces of people behind me they are wondering like you why I'm standing.

Respected Contributor

I'd be to afriad to run.  My luck, I'd run right into a bullet.  I would probably drop right where I stood - and knowing me, I'd be trying to cover who ever was with me at the time.  

I'm thinking only God could save me in a situation like that, cause I sure would not know what to do. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sitting at home at our computers or cell phones, in our presumably secure homes, it's easy to surmise what we WOULD do, but unless you are actually in an active shooter situation, with X amount of bullets flying in your direction, you never REALLY know what you WILL do. Let's just hope we are never in a situation such as this, and then come back and report what we DID do. Unless specifically trained otherwise, human nature is to RUN first, ask questions later. Fight or flight depends on the individual, and the situation. 😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖