Respected Contributor

I honestly did not no that about her,and never have heard her talk about it.i think you just want to do a little scolding.take it elsewhere please.i didn't start this thread in the 1st place

Trusted Contributor

Yet another reason I prefer looking at the Q website rather than Q on TV! 

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

Hey guys, I was talking about incorrect grammar, not speech impediments.  The host that does that cannot change the way she speaks.  Please be kind about that.

@luvmybeetle    ???  Your post is about pronunciation, not grammar.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

Hey guys, I was talking about incorrect grammar, not speech impediments.  The host that does that cannot change the way she speaks.  Please be kind about that.

The other day she repeatedly said a color name was Okra when it was actually Ocre.  That ain't no speech impediment, that's being unprepared.

Honored Contributor

Not everyone is aware that the host has a speech impediment.  Not everyone watches every show and every host.

It is unfair to go after a poster if the poster did not know.  

Now that posters do know, nothing else unkind will be said, hopefully.

Also people forget that pronunciations can go hand in hand with regional dialects.

Interesting how a slight "error in pronunciation" can be a major problem for some.  

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@luvmybeetle wrote:

The other day she repeatedly said a color name was Okra when it was actually Ocre.  That ain't no speech impediment, that's being unprepared.

Do you mean ochre?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@luvmybeetle wrote:

Do you mean ochre?

@mom2four0418 Thank you. I'm typing on an iPad and sometimes I'm too fast, and end up misspelling words.  

Honored Contributor

I can understand ochre and okra sounding alike.

There are several words I have difficulty pronouncing correctly.