Respected Contributor

OK if she says aPsolutely one more time I will scream.  I'm am trying to be very patient and I will not turn on the mute.  I want to hear the explanation on each product as I love the Irish.  I just wish some of the hosts would learn how to speak correctly.  Sorry I'm just frustrated.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not trying to defend the host since I didn't watch this, but it's a little hard to distinguish (IMO) the sound of a "p" versus "b" in the word absolutely. Not trying to start an argument here - just another thought about this.

Honored Contributor

Go ahead and scream if it makes you feel better.  I hear it pronounced the correct way so ....

Honored Contributor

What tickles me is Wolfgang Puck trying to say vegetable.

comes out vegtable.  ROFL

Respected Contributor

I hear a B, no P.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

I hear a B, no P.

Same here.

Respected Contributor

OK then it must be just me.  Sorry for the rant.

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybeetle  Listen for the word "hundred" and "pumpkin" from many QVC hosts. Most do not pronounce either of them correctly. They are on national TV, according to them are educated - yet they continue to mangle everyday words. It boggles my mind. Those words drive me crazy! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@luvmybeetle  Listen for the word "hundred" and "pumpkin" from many QVC hosts. Most do not pronounce either of them correctly. They are on national TV, according to them are educated - yet they continue to mangle everyday words. It boggles my mind. Those words drive me crazy! 

And InterESSSSting (MBR).  Smiley Happy  

Trusted Contributor

@luvmybeetle 

Ok, if we are talking about diction, and what annoys us,

here is mine:

CAWD-----instead of called

"This top is CAWD sage...this one is CAWD marine blue...."