Trusted Contributor

You Select YOUR Color for 2018!

[ Edited ]

I have a question for all, if YOU could select the new color for 2018, what color would you select or colors, list as many as you like,but only one can be the new 2018 color, is this fair? I have a thing for grey, I know many say it's a boring color, but I can pair this color w/ nearly anything. I also love black & white,  I know another cope out, but I am being totally honest & I guess boring. If anyone wants to name their color for 2018, pls jump in. I am choosing grey for 2018, sorry if this disappoints & I apologize for any mis-spelled words.....Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

Re: You Select YOUR Color for 2018!

Blue Spruce

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love grey too, and most of us probably own more black than we need to - but red and orange have become my two new favorites - the older I get the more I love vibrant colors!

Honored Contributor

Mallard blue.  I'm not sure if I own anything this color, but I seem to have grown fond of it.  

images.png

Honored Contributor

Black, charcoal, heather grey.  All great anchors for me.  I've done so much color in my life....I color with my jewelry now....I'm a blue-eyed blonde in my fifties.....classic and simple now.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

I do choose my own color of the year, every year.  I wear mostly basics and I choose an accent color to complement my basics.  This spring/summer, my color for 2018 will be a soft, powder blue.  Why?  Because my favorite spring/summer bag is poweder blue and last summer I bought a pair of blue sandals and a pair of blue floral sandals.  Also, I often wear jeans with white tees or with crisp white button down shirts.  I'm looking forward to having "the blues" in 2018.

Honored Contributor

Purple of course!Smiley Happy

Though I must say that blue spruce does sound pretty.

I also love bright orange.

I used to have mostly black clothes

north of the mason dixon line.

But when I got further south, you look like you are going to a funeral. The colors are brighter.So I started getting some.

Also when I was in Jr. High, my favorite color was orange. I had a beautiful orange sweater and printed orange wool skirt. My favorite outfit.

I didn't wear orange again until pretty much 45 years later. Its so cheery. And I think purple is tooSmiley Happy

This is a fun threadSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I think picking one color as the Pantone color of the year is pointless and frankly silly.

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite colors are grey,black,purple & blush pink!!

Honored Contributor

@makena-

I agree with you. I think the "pantone color" is just a fashion marketing idea to get people to spend their money, hopefully thinking they of course need to get"THE" color for the year.I never care what the fashion is at the moment. Like most of us I think we wear what we like!

But this is a fun thread to say what color you like.

What are some of your favorite colors?

It's strange but like someone said, the older I get, the more I like different maybe more colorful clothes even though I like classic styles more.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"