Honored Contributor

would you write a tell all book about someone who was kind to you?

I'm not talking about a really viscous book. I am talking about revealing some sort of personal information ,that a private person might not want  plastered all over the place.

I don't think I could do it, especially if this person had been my employer for decades and treated me well.

Honored Contributor

Re: would you write a tell all book about someone who was kind to you?

[ Edited ]

No, I would not.

Several relatives, now dead, either confided certain confidences to me (or I indirectly learned of some indiscretion on their part), and I swore to take these things to the grave with me.  I did not swear to them but to myself.  In fact, I never told one uncle of the one juicy bit of info I learned by chance through my employment.  

To me, it is a privilege to keep a confidence and to protect the legacy of a loved one.  It is the decent thing to do, in my book.

To answer your question, again that answer is no.  I feel that it would be a betrayal to write about someone who had been kind -- even an employer who was not always kind.

Honored Contributor

No, I would not. 

Honored Contributor

Absolutely not! I could not be that mean!

Honored Contributor

No. I have never betrayed a confidence and never will. I've had friends who turned out not to be. I would happily see them dead but would never betray their cofidences. Personal honor is important to me. I care what I think of myself and not much of what others think of me.

Honored Contributor

A lady that had fit the Queen, and  other  high profile people wrote a book about it ,disclosing some personal information that might have been a bit embarrassment ,for a lady of a certain age ,to be   printed.  I don't think there was anything really awful she disclosed.

She  went on to say how  well she had been treated by them, and I don't think money was an issue for her. She sounds very well off

I just thought it was something I couldn't do to someone I liked  @golding76  I see we are kindred spirits  Heart

Honored Contributor

Yes, cherry, we are.  There are just certain things you do not do when you follow a "North Star of Decent Behavior." 

I'll probably be attacked by someone who will say that such a star is open to interpretation and is personal, but to that I say "nonsense."  Inside, most of us have a decent behavior meter, and we know what measures in the good zone on it.  We just do. 

Honored Contributor

She lost her Royal Warrant because she did this.  I can't believe she didn't understand this would upset  people, and went right  on and did it anyway..  I would feel so treacherous ,if I were her

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't even write a book about someone who had been unkind to me.  I can't imagine that my opinions and/or judgments would be of interest to anyone but me.  

Honored Contributor

Absolutely not ......I would not want it done to me and hope others would show respect. Unfortunately respect seems to be something that many have never heard of.