Honored Contributor

For me:

Working  in the Apple sorting sheds in Chelan,   Washington when I was 18 in 1974/1975....  Boring, mundane noisy work....pay back then  then was $1.95 an hour.  

It was even a worse job  to me  sorting apples for 8 hours than  when I was  working in a nursing home at  age 20 with all the old people....( and that was about as depressing as you can get when you are 20 years old!)

Esteemed Contributor

Sharing a work suite with a functioning alcoholic. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Working in a factory.  But the company paid all my college expenses and promoted me after graduation.   And it's where I met my husband.  Guess it wasn't so bad after all.

Honored Contributor

Car hop (no skates) in the summer between my Jr and Sr years in high school.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

One awful summer in a lingerie factory. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I worked at a Dairy Queen one summer in high school. Awful, disgusting place with even worse management. I can't bring myself to go near one now. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I actually liked all my jobs. My very first was at an answering service. (Think Lily Tomln and the switchboard with all the cords). Worked there spring and summer of my senior year in high school and summers during college. Very pressure filled to be honest. Loved it. Each board had 100 customers on it and we had 8 cords so we could juggle 8 calls at a time. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Dialysis nurse Started work at 6AM and worked until you were done - however long it took. Several times we worked 24 straight hours. Thank Goodness there was a law in Pa saying they couldn't work anyone more than 24 hours in a row , or they certainly would have made us stay on. I made more money in that job than any I'd ever had, which was good because it was the last 7 years before I retired and because of it I get more SS. We were on call 2 or 3 days a week.I totally wore out 2 cars because of all the back & forth to work, sometimes 3 trips each way in one day.No matter what the weather. 

Esteemed Contributor

Day camp counselor during the summer when I was 17.The kids were spoiled brats & never listened!! Got paid $350 for 8 weeks through a New York State subsidy program for teenagers.The money was good the experience sucked!!

Honored Contributor

Insurance customer service.  I'm not sure how I lasted 15 years.

If I ever had to go back to work, put me in a cubicle without a phone so I don't have to talk to anyone and I'll push papers.