Esteemed Contributor

DINING OUT ~ BOOTH OR TABLE??? IF BOOTH, AND YOU ARE WITH YOUR DH OR SO, DO YOU

sit across from each other or sit on the same side?

I see couples do both.  I have been married for 40 years and DH and I always sit across from each other.  We (I) like eye contact when having a conversation.   I see couples sitting next to each other and they are looking straight ahead while they are talking.  Doesn't make sense to me, but that is my opinion. 

We always choose a booth over a table.  We will wait for a booth. 

Just curious ~ what do you choose?? Woman Very Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: DINING OUT ~ BOOTH OR TABLE??? IF BOOTH, AND YOU ARE WITH YOUR DH OR SO, DO YOU

Like a booth or table where we sit opposite each other, hate a table in the middle aisle, too much traffic on both sides

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: DINING OUT ~ BOOTH OR TABLE??? IF BOOTH, AND YOU ARE WITH YOUR DH OR SO, DO YOU

If with the entire family, booth.

If just DH and I, table. We sit across from each other even when the whole family is eating in a booth.

Honored Contributor

Prefer a booth and sit across from each other.

Honored Contributor

I don’t care if it’s a booth or table, but we always sit across from each other. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I prefer a booth because it is more comfortable.  DH and I sit across from each other unless another couple is with us.  Interesting that we have a restaurant near us that charges extra for a booth.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I don't care if it's a booth or table, but I would never sit next to my DH.  We sit across from each other.  Couples sitting next to each other is a pet peeve of mine.  I don't even know why, I just don't like it.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

We prefer table seating across from each other; easier entry and exit.  Now that I think about it, the restaurants we patronize only have table seating.

Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I prefer a booth because it is more comfortable.  DH and I sit across from each other unless another couple is with us.  Interesting that we have a restaurant near us that charges extra for a booth.

Do they charge a lot extra for the booth?  I have never heard of that before, but we would probably pay it if it wasn't too much.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

We like both, my husband likes a table and I like a booth. Most places have these together which works well for us.