Valued Contributor

So like, none of you guys has any good memorious of 50's music.  Like Doowoop and stuff like the Capris, There's a Moon out Tonight, or This Majic Moment by the Drifters.  Or The Five Satins, In the Still of the Night?  Seriously, I'd get pregnant just from listening to that stuff.Smiley Very Happy 

It seems like the 50's is a hit or miss on this board.  Maybe this is more of a 60's crowd than a 50's crowd.  But man, that 50's music was something too.   Lots of Italians and African Amerians bringing in the sound.  And of course, a poor little ole southern boy from Po Dunk nowhere, by the name of Elvis was slamming it down too. 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Respected Contributor

Love Doo Wop, although I was born in 50’s always loved the music. How about Earth Angel?

Valued Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Love Doo Wop, although I was born in 50’s always loved the music. How about Earth Angel?

Sheesh, right?  That was some good stuff.  My GrandPops favourite was Angel Baby by Rosie and the Originals.  Some stuff makes me tear up, tho.  Maybe it's the wine.Smiley Wink      

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

Little Richard

Sam Cook

Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers

Jerry Lee Lewis

Chuck Berry

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Little Richard

Sam Cook

Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers

Jerry Lee Lewis

Chuck Berry

American Royalty.......

-Rumi
Valued Contributor

I adore that 50's doo-wop sound.  For me, the first one that started me loving the sound was Earth Angel because my older dear brother brought home the 45 and we listened and sang it over and over.  I can still sing it word for word today.

When I was older my cousins and I used to go camping.  We would sit around the fire and sing our hearts out.  My speciality was singing lead on "In the Still of the Night."

Now I listen to the 50's sounds on my Xerious radio.  Love some of the early 60's too. Basically the only reason I subscribe.  

It all kind of went away with the "british invasion" didn't it.  

Those old songs bring back vivid memories of my pre-teen and teen life.  Some of them make me smile and sing along, some bring tears to my eyes when I remember some specific time I heard then as a teen.

Thanks for sharing your memories.

Honored Contributor

While my love for music covered a few decades, the fifties music fills me with so many great memories.  My brother was more into rock and roll and through his love for that music and playing it at home, my sister and I fell in love with so many groups and singers of that time.

I could name so many greats and it would be a long list.  I still listen to the oldies and am always flooded with memories of wonderful times and innocence.   Many of the singers had such talent and beautiful voices and the groups did harmony better than anyone today.  The Moonglows, Flamingos, Skyliners, Jackie Wilson, Timi Yuro, Brenda lee, just the tip of the iceberg of fantastic voices and music.  

Valued Contributor

@Northray

Since I don't have you...  Skyliners....

Don't listen to this one unless you plan on expanding your family lol.  You made me laugh.

It was romance, wasn't it.  Innocent romance.   

Valued Contributor

@Elri  wrote:

@Northray

Since I don't have you...  Skyliners....

Don't listen to this one unless you plan on expanding your family lol.  You made me laugh.

It was romance, wasn't it.  Innocent romance.   

LOL.  Yeah, they really nailed the woman, man thing.  

-Rumi
Respected Contributor

The music of the 50s was my all-time favorite!  Anytime I hear it I want to dance, dance, dance.

I remember I used to be able to dance for hours.  Now they call it aerobics.  lol